Compatibility of Sitebuilder with Sitebuilder Plus

• Problem
  • Updated 9 months ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

I have always used Sitebuilder. I decided to check out Sitebuilder Plus. With Plus, I did a small edit on this page: http://nadieseradejadoatras.homestead.com/autor.html I made tiny changes in the box below my foto. I published and the changes show correctly on browsers.
However, when I went into Sitebuilder on my computer and loaded the page, that entire box was missing. It correctly shows todays date as being published. But why is the box missing? How can it be retrieved? Are the two versions of Sitebuilder compatible?

Photo of David5386

David5386

• 240 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 37,432 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

Since you added that text box using Sitebuilder Plus it will not show in the desktop builder as the desktop version only shows what is locally added to that software. There is not a way to move Sitebuilder Plus information onto the desktop version as is it not connected online, the only way to get it in there is to add it manually. I would recommend using Sitebuilder Plus going forward because with widows updates sometimes it causes the desktop software to become incompatible. 
Photo of David5386

David5386

Thank you for your reply.  However, I did not add the text box in Plus. All I did in Plus was to change two numerals that were already in the text box. But in the desktop builder that entire box disappeared.

Using Plus might be a good idea, but I have two problems with that. First of all, what backup is there if the Homestead site goes down? In the desktop version, all  my work is saved on my computer in case the site goes down.

Secondly,  three of my four sites show on my Homestead account page as being available for editing. However,  my most recent site: http://childrensbiblecourses.homestead.com will give me viewer info, but otherwise it acts as if that site does not even exist -- and it is the main one I wanted to edit online so that I could edit it in another computer in another city. Unlike the other three, this latest site cannot even be viewed from my Homestead account page, much less beedited. When I click on view, it comes up with an error page.

Thank you in advance for whatever help you can give me on the three issues.

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Understandable, Homestead does keep a back up of the site on a server if for any reason the site "disappears" and I have yet to see any one who completely lost a site unless it is manually deleted. For the childrensbiblecourses.homestead.com site, it will now be available for editing in SB+, the system had it linked as WebsiteBuilder which is why you didn't see the online editing version but that is fixed now.
Photo of David5386

David5386

Thank you very much for the fast info and fixing the one site. My biggest and growing site is    http://insight2bp.homestead.com/      I find that the most recent pages (about 1/2 a year's worth) do not show in Plus. That's pages 290 through 296.  Please and thank you.

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

You are welcome. In order to get those pages that do not show into sitebuilder plus, you will need to open the desktop editor, go to file manager, select the pages and click upload. This will upload the pages into the online version. 
Photo of David5386

David5386

Thank you again. As I start using Plus, I now have another question. How come I get Homestead ads on the bottom of pages I publish in Plus?  I've had the Gold Package for years, which has always been ad-free.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

I have never seen a Homestead add appear upon publishing. Would you mind sending a screen shot of it? 
Photo of David5386

David5386

As one example of several, you can just go to this website (not within Homestead, but online)  and scroll to the very bottom.   http://insight2bp.homestead.com/297.html    Thank you.

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Thank you. That is a footer that is in place, you can turn that off by going to page settings, background links and footer, edit footer. Then uncheck the box to display copyright information. 

Photo of David5386

David5386

Thank you for your frequent, speedy, excellent help. Maybe I am all set for a while.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

You are very welcome. If you have any questions going forward feel free to reach out.