Commercial sites opening from my links

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

After publishing my site, the site opens in google chrome. The site looks fine but when I click the link to the PDF version of my publication, it opens to various other commercial sites; not my PDF. When I click the link to the ISSUU version of my publication, it opens fine but when I click to move to the next page, a separate window opens to another commercial site. These are not my links and my readers are angry that these other sites open. Thoughts or suggestions? Thanks.
Photo of Ray3525

Ray3525

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • angry

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Victor4384

Victor4384

• 1,282 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
@Ray3525, what's the link to your website?  
Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

We can certainly help you out with this. What page is the PDF link and on what website?
Photo of Ray3525

Ray3525

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Hi William --

Apologies for the delay. Been away from my desk all day. The website is www.midwestmotorcyclist.com. The affected links are in the upper right hand corner of the home page (current issue.) You click on the cover for the ISSUU version or the links right below the cover. I tested the links using Internet Explorer and haven't yet had the links rerouted to a commercial site. Thanks for any help you can provide, William.

Ray

Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
No problem! I tried clicking on the links on the page and they are pulling up your PDF fine. If this is still happening to you, you man have spyware/adware on your computer that is making you see the commercial site. Are you able to try from another computer?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.