Chrome not loading website correctly

• Problem
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

Website loads find on mobile device and safari but Chrome the page is too big. I don't know where in the homestead site builder page to go to fix this issue.
Photo of Shawn6021

Shawn6021

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 67,900 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
What's your website address?
Photo of Shawn6021

Shawn6021

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 67,848 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I would set the width narrower, otherwise it looks good!
Photo of steve4468

steve4468

• 3,594 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Sometimes a keystroke you're not aware of can change the zoom function of the browser. The zoom will stay enabled on that specific website until the browser zoom is changed. In the upper right corner of chrome there are 3 up & down dots. There you can find the zoom function.
Photo of steve4468

steve4468

• 3,594 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Just visited the site. On my chrome browser it appears that the header is a bit too wide. Half the logo and the contact links shows but I only see a bit of blue for what's far left. On the right side the F & P buttons show but only about 1/4-1/3 of the far right button is visible. Depending which builder you're using you may need to move the buttons and logo a bit more towards the center. Is that what you were referring to?
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 21,280 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

I did pull up the website on a few devices and it looks fine. If you are seeing some devices that may be displaying too big I would first check the zoom settings, as Steve mentioned, to make sure that window is not zoomed in. Second would be to adjust your content in the builder. You can downsize the images and logos and pull some of the elements closer to the center. When building you do want to try to keep the information in between the vertical dotted lines for the best responsiveness on different size monitors and screens. 
Photo of Shawn6021

Shawn6021

Thanks guys! Got it working correctly.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 21,280 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Perfect!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.