Chat issues: Chat key cookie does not match visitor chat key

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archiving

I am getting the error "Chat key cookie does not match visitor chat key" when I try to use chat. Per other conversations on here I've tried clearing the cache and cookies, but it doesn't change anything. I am having an issue with changing my domain contact information and need help, but chat is not working. This is the second time I have posted this question, but still no answer. 
Photo of Jennifer3538

Jennifer3538

• 1,832 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
  • irritated

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

I can help you with fixing your domain contact information if you need help. We have had this issue before and we have verified clearing the cache and cookies completely will fix the issue. What internet browser are you using?
Photo of Jennifer3538

Jennifer3538

Chrome. I cleared the cache and the cookies completely earlier and was not fixed. Of course, now it's working so maybe it just needed some time to catch? 

Why is the domain information not saving? I can contact chat to change it, I would rather not put all my contact information out on here. 
Photo of William S

William S

It could be something with the address and phone number in the contact information, so just make sure that the information is correct and doesn't have any dashes. 
Photo of Jennifer3538

Jennifer3538

It was, but still wouldn't save. Either way I was able to get someone in chat to change it. Thank you. 
Photo of Denise4420

Denise4420

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I am also receiving
Chat key cookie does not match visitor chat key
I'm using Firefox 40.0.2. I have cleared the cache, closed and
opened the window and still can not use CHAT. This has been an
issue for me for 4 weeks. although I don't try daily, it is still
a problem.

My question is about Weblisting. Please have someone contact me
so I can clear up the confusion.

I am logged in to the Homestead site when this occurs.
(Edited)
Photo of William S

William S

When you go the clear your cache and cookies for FireFox, did you select 'Everything' in the 'time range to clear' drop down box? Once you do this, you have to close off FireFox all together and then open it back up and it should be okay.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.