Chat and verification - Help

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

I haven't received my verification email and when I go to Chat line I get. Chat key cookie does not match visitor chat key. I have phoned technical support from Australia but I have been waiting 8 mins with no answer. Help! I need my new site up and running. Ron. Australia
Photo of Ronald8359

Ronald8359

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Ronald8359.

I checked with the registrar and they are working on it. Hopefully it won't be long.

Drew
Photo of Martina8352

Martina8352

• 482 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I have exactly the same problem with the chat key cookie not matching the visitor chat key. I need access to the help chat immediately or otherwise be able to contact you, as I have two sites on one account and need to split them into two accounts in the next couple of days, as I sold one of my sites.  You've done before but I can't reach you per telephone nor per e-mail. I am also from Australia and have been with you for over 17 years. This is the very first time that I have a problem. But it is not acceptable that we can't reach you at all, not per e-mail or any other way.
(Edited)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Martina8352,

I am looking into this error. Yesterday was a US holiday and the offices were closed.

Drew
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hello, the chat company has told us this error is generated by a sync issue with your cookie for the program. Please clear your cookies and it should allow you to chat.

Drew
Photo of Martina8352

Martina8352

Thank you so much for looking into this. I have cleared all cookies from my browser. It still doesn't work though. It is really bad that we are not able to contact homestead per e-mail even to clarify what needs to be done. Is there any other way to contact homestead I am not aware of, apart calling them. The number says no connection, although I have used the country code etc.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Martina8352,

Chat is only open Monday-Friday, so it wouldn't work now. You are able to get us right here in the community. We are here 7 days a week.

Drew
Photo of Martina8352

Martina8352

Alright then. I have a plan with homestead with which I can have as many website I want. So I have three in total. All my own businesses. I have just sold one of my websites and its ranking to another person, as I am unable to  continue this business. I want that homestead is transferring one of the sites to a new account with all content of the site, so that I can still keep my own two sites on my account. I have done this before with Homestead. I paid $50 and they transferred a former site of mine to another account. So what do I do that this will be done for me.
Photo of Martina8352

Martina8352

I mean how can I contact them from Australia, that they do this once more.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

We can handle that here. We will need to create a new account with the information from the new owner and their billing information. Then we can move the website and domain to the new account. My suggestion is that you create a new topic here and mark the private box. Then only you and I will be able to see it. Then we can feel free to exchange personal information. Once we are done, I will remove everything.

Drew
Photo of Martina8352

Martina8352

That is great. Can you create a new topic for me and then let me know? And what details do you need apart from the obvious such as name, and payment details?

Thank you.

Martina
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I am sorry, you will have to create it, or you will not be able to participate in it. When you create a new topic there is a check box for making it private. Just check it. You can always have me verify the privacy prior to posting anything sensitive. We'll need the billing information and address, and email address for the account. The package they want for hosting, and the billing cycle. they can pay monthly, or annually(2 months free) or biannually(6 months free).

Drew

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.