Why was I charged during my free trial?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I was given a one month free trial to Enterprise a few days ago and was assured that no charge would occur, yet today I find that my credit card was charged for the full amount. Yet another example of corporate incompetence, which unfortunately seems to be the norm these days. Companies so large that one hand doesn't know what the other is doing.
Photo of Michael2317

Michael2317

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Aubrey T

Aubrey T

• 15,316 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Michael2317 -

Yikes - I'm so sorry to hear about the charge during your free trial. This definitely does not happen often, so I apologize for the error on our part.

I saw that you were able to speak with a representative over the phone who confirmed the charge and credited your account accordingly. I'm so sorry you had to call in to get this rectified - I know how frustrating that could be.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can help you with!

-Aubrey
Photo of Michael2317

Michael2317

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for your reply, Aubrey.
Photo of showpits4555

showpits4555

• 62 Points
THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME....I HATE TO BE MISLEAD!!!!!!!!!!!
Photo of Aubrey T

Aubrey T

• 15,316 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi showpits -

I am SO sorry about what happened with your account! I just pulled it up and see that you've already had it closed and the money that was charged was refunded back to your account. I apologize for any confusion -- it looks as though the package was upgraded during the trial, and once you upgrade, it turns into a paid subscription. I'm glad we were able to sort it out, but I apologize that you had to go through all the trouble.
Photo of Satveer0746

Satveer0746

• 70 Points
Audrey please look into my account as well...re:800-914-2800-558-9558
Photo of mrs5777

mrs5777

• 60 Points
I just checked my bank account and I was charged for my free trial. Not to mention I can't find any means of contacting someone in reference to this. This is very misleading a free trial should be free.
Photo of amy3853

amy3853

• 60 Points
My site doesn't show up for anyone anywhere. Why in the world would anyone pay for this service? It's bogus. I took several web design classes and we never had to pay for any webpages we built. How do I kill my acct?
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

• 39,954 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi amy3853,

You're not paying for anything right now, your account is a free year subscription that will automatically convert to a paid account after the year trial is up.

If you no longer want the service, you can cancel by logging into your account online:

Click Account > Account Summary > Cancel all services
(blue link toward the bottom)

Thanks,
Ehsan
Photo of Satveer0746

Satveer0746

• 70 Points
There is a $450 charge on my bank account from Intuit. Can someone please respond to me about this ASAP??? Where are your phone numbers to call for these types of problem??? re: 800-914-2800-558-9558
Photo of amyservoss9841

amyservoss9841

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I am also being charged during my free trial. I have a charge of $21.68, $5.00 & $14.51. I thought maybe it was because I was upgrading but I'm not sure how else I would see what you all offer without it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.