Changing Site Association (how long till it takes effect?)

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I just bought a new domain at godaddy, created a template in homestead, changed name servers that process completed for pointing, now in manage domains i noticed the new site is associated to the wrong site in my list of sites.

I see how to change the association and did adjust it to the correct site then hit save to complete it, even went back and confirmed yes the site association is correct now but when I go to view it I am still seeing that incorrect site it was associated to originally by accident.

I have refreshed the page, cleared cookies etc but yeah it's still not showing the new associated site I pointed it to, what I wondered is how long it takes for this to make the change (behind the scenes), currently it's been about an hour and I have been checking back in on the site every 10 mins or so with no luck.
Photo of William0820

William0820

• 1,588 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
  • anxious

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Usually it is done within an hour, but when did you change the namesevers? That can take up to 48 hours.

Drew
Photo of William0820

William0820

• 1,588 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I am such a dork, yeah I was shocked the nameservers completed so fast (maybe 2 hrs) then somehow I had associated a different site and went to change that but even after hitting save it wasn't changing, I just checked it again and it's fixed so took a bit over an hr total but all is good now :)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Excellent.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.