Changing shipping cost and then processing credit card

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: How do I set up shipping zones and methods?

How do I change shipping costs and then process the credit card ? Testing store last evening before needing to go live by Jan 15th ... Created a sale from my store, shipping charges to high, I found where to lower it, but card was already charged. I have "Authorize Only" activated. ? ?
Photo of Rick5297

Rick5297

• 534 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Rick5297

Rick5297

my BigCommerce Back Office shows a Pending order of $ .95, but my Credit Card Statements shows being charged $ 11.95. I thought I went in and lowered shipping costs prior to whatever happened ? I need to know how to lower shipping amount before it captures the sale. I have my Authorize.net set at Authorize only. That little credit card logo is still there telling me "click" to capture funds ... it's already captured the funds .. the incorrect funds !
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
It sounds like there could be two different transactions. I've never seen a case where it authorizes one amount but captures another. You may want to look at the store log to see if there are more details about what happened. Follow this link: http://support.bigcommerce.com/questi...
Photo of Rick5297

Rick5297

do i just keep replying to my own "Topic" until i get a response ? It's been over 7 hours since my first reply. 2:42 eastern time 01/14/2014
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Sorry for the delay in getting to your question. We usually average about a 4 hr repsonse time but we have some pretty high volumes due to the Bigcommerce migration. I've merged your intitial question to the related thread which shows how to edit shipping charges. Also if we may ask for your cooperation, and please avoid making numerous posts on the same topic. This actually slows down response times as it frequently results in two or more agents researching the same question or problem slowing down overall response times for yourself and everyone on the community. Thanks.
Photo of Rick5297

Rick5297

here's what i get when i change shipping cost and try to capture ...

"Invalid amount was detected in the capture funds transaction."