Changing files to location of image for resizing

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
Archived

This conversation was archived and is no longer visible to community members.

I'm trying to make my background so that it doesn't repeat, I pasted the information I needed into the header file but my question now is,
How do I change files/bg.jpg to the location of the image I want to use
Photo of Terri3041

Terri3041

• 288 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

• 28,258 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Terri3041,

Welcome to the Community!

If you upload the background image into your root folder, it will just be the name of the image (don't need files/). However if you put the image in a folder, you will want to reference that folder name before the image name.

If you want, please respond with the background image you uploaded and I can let you know the file extension you need to use.

Thanks,

Chris
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

Hi Terri,

I added a page to your Ravenswood Yorkshires (index1) with the correct code. You can change the height to make it fit the page, but the width should now work.

Please let me know if you have any questions about it.

Thanks!

Chris
Photo of Terri3041

Terri3041

• 288 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Chris how can I change the height of my background?
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

Hi Terri,

Do you by chance have a picture editing program? The reason I ask is the only way to make the background longer would be to make the actual image longer in height. I tried to duplicate the background, but it's isn't the easiest pattern to copy. I made a quick page called index 1 so you can take a look. There is a free image editor called gimp which would allow you to clone your background to make it longer in height.

Hope that helps!

Chris
I have the same problem. The images I created on the main page pop up on all 3 pages. What is the deal?
I love the I'm frustrated sign!
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

Hi poshkitchenwholesale,

This is an easy fix :)

1. Login to the Sitebuilder program.
2. Click on your logo "Posh Kitchen and Bath"
3. A small window will pop up saying you are about to go into master template mode. Click the edit button.
4. A yellow bar will now appear near the top of the program. In that yellow bar you will see a checkbox that says "Show everything on xxx page". Uncheck the box.

With the box unchecked, you are now looking at everything that will show up on all your pages. For the items you don't want on every page, hold down the shift key and select all of them. Then hit CTRL + X on your keyboard to cut them. Once you have them cut, click the Return to Page button in the top yellow bar and hit CTRL + V to paste them onto that specific page.

Hope that helps!

Chris
Roger that! I will give it a try.
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

• 39,954 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi poshkitchenwholesale2711,

Just checking in to see if this worked for you of if you need further assistance.

Thanks!

Ehsan