Changes won't appear after publishing website.

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I have recently updated my products area on my website and previewed and published it, but when I log out and view it from my computer or any other computer the updates don't show up and it looks like how it did before I changed it. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make the changes appear?
Photo of nancy7187

nancy7187

• 780 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
  • sad

Posted 7 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Pictures not displaying on published pages.

My pictures display when I preview my pages. Once they are published they are not displaying?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,718 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
If you follow the steps above and still have a problem, it could be something/code imbedded into the image files. We see this on occasion with pictures that come from Iphones. You can usually just change the file extension, ie' .jpg to .jpeg, or vice versa, then re-save the file, and re-import it to the page and republish the page.

Mike
Photo of Ricky0634

Ricky0634

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Navigation menu update not changing on website after publishing..

When I update my navigation menu and publish, changes are not showing up at the website. The changes are showing on all my pages in the editor. What am I doing wrong?
Photo of Louise7714

Louise7714

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Getting disconnected when calling the 800 number.

I am trying to replace a picture on one of my website pages - it shows the correct picture on the page I am working on but when I publish it it doesn't show on the website page. Also, when I try to call the 800 number - I get the message to hold because the line is very busy (which I understand) but then I am disconnected and have to dial again. This happens over and over. Help!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

First check the steps on this page. If you still have problems, open the image file on your computer, change the file extension from .jpg to .jpeg (or .png gif etc). Then re-save the file. Delete the old image from the page and import the image under the new name, and republish. I'm not sure if the image was taken with an Iphone or Ipad but this may be the cause.

Mike
Photo of Matthew9129

Matthew9129

• 96 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Content Does Not Match Up Right.

When I add content in Homesite Builder and then publish my website the content I have added is entirely different areas of the page then where I put it.

This has caused me when building my website to arrange content in Homesite builder in very bizarre spots just so it looks okay when published online.

I hope that makes sense.

Q's - What am I doing wrong? How can this be fixed so designing can become much easier?
Photo of Susie9116

Susie9116

Where's my page?.

One of my pages, when my site is published, does not show up -- that page is blank -- but not blank when I am managing the web site. What's up with that? How do I get that page to show???
Photo of Dayna2490

Dayna2490

My webpage is not recording the changes I am making to it..

I will add in new information, images and text on my webpage and when I click on preview, after save, the preview displays the webpage before any of my changes and it is the same with the publish function. It appears that none of my changes are being recorded.
Photo of Artemio6064

Artemio6064

When I'm done editing my website and click publish, it looks different. How can i fix this?.

So I completely changed the look of my website. When I click preview, it looks exactly how I changed it. When I hit the publish button, it look different. How do I fix this?
Photo of Ron5385

Ron5385

• 146 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
The computer remembers websites and do not reload from the server. Therefore you must click on the circle arrow in the address space just before the x in close the webpage, must be refreshed after each update to your website publish button. Got that??
Photo of Ron5385

Ron5385

• 146 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
the arrow must be to reload the website page after the new page has been published
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Thanks for sharing! For anyone who might be using a browser and can't find the arrow, or perhaps has a different refresh button, you can also select the F5 key on a PC. This will also refresh the screen.
Photo of Laura2778

Laura2778

Website Background.

I just finished my website, but the background I selected, loads in the preview, but when you visit the page, via a new tab on your browser or your phone it doesnt show the background.
Photo of helge2633

helge2633

• 246 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Wrong page in Edit menu.

Why is one of my pages different when I am in the editing site and when I am in Prewiew? The preview is the right one. But the old one is showing up when I am in Edit page
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Clear your cache first, just to make sure that is not the problem, then proceed with the other steps above.
Photo of Dorothy5110

Dorothy5110

• 156 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Published page and page on Site Manager are not the same. Why ??.

I wish to edit a published page, but when I go onto Site Manager and go to that page -- what is shows me is something different than what is published. How do I access the actual published page ???
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

If the SiteBuilder page and the Published page appear to be different follow the steps above.

If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate me.

Thanks!

Mike
Photo of jayfisher5003194

jayfisher5003194

when you update how long does it take to publishi updated my site.

updated the site but 8 hours later it still comes up with the old info
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

The very first time you publish, it may take just a few minutes, but after that, it will be almost instant. So, if you are still having problems, follow the steps above.

Mike
Photo of Mindy Sue7790

Mindy Sue7790

Publishing.

I'm extremely aggravated with Homestead and managing my website. Nothing is publishing that I edit and save on site builder. I've gone into my files and published them manually, and still nothing! I have announcements linking to my website and it's making me look bad.
Photo of njirwin692910

njirwin692910

I changed out a spot on web page and saved it, but does it does not change it ?.

replaced an image and saved it, but it does not change when I look at preview.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

This is most likely a caching issue. Follow the steps above, but try clearing the cache first.

Mike
Photo of David7538

David7538

• 586 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Photo of Darlene7202

Darlene7202

• 354 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Only homepage is available on my website..

I've spent two days working on my website. All the pages are done. But when I look at the site, the pages aren't there. Only the home page shows up. The rest say the page isn't available. What happened? When I'm in website manager I can see everything
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

First check the things above. If you still have problems, then double check your hyperlinks to make sure they are linked to the correct page names.
Photo of Teresa7927

Teresa7927

Why aren't new pictures being published?.

I have change a picture on one of my pages and then published it. But when it is finished for me to view it, it has the old picture still showing and not the new one. what is the problems with this & how can it be fixed?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.