Change in Header on Website Builder

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

I'm building a new website via Website Builder. I would like to change the image on the Header on two of my pages. Is this possible?
Photo of glendak7622

glendak7622

• 846 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 9,058 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

If you change the header image on one page it will reflect on all the pages header section. What you can do if you want separate images is to just have a section at the top of your pages and apply section backgrounds images to those sections. 
Photo of Lynn1286

Lynn1286, Champion

• 5,620 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I also think it is possible to set up a completely blank page and make your own header, although, as an advertising business person, I strongly recommend against having different headers on different pages.  Customizing the pages under your header is great, but with most people viewing your site on mobile devices now, it just looks bad for the pages to be jumping around without the consistent flow of your brand and look.  
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Thanks Lynn, those are good points.
Photo of glendak7622

glendak7622

Thank you for your response. I have a shop within my website. I would like the shop to stand out more on the tool bar. Is there a way to add an actual logo instead of just the uniform typing on the toolbar.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

You would not be able to replace the actual text with the logo but you can add the logo image in the header and link it to the shop page.
Photo of glendak7622

glendak7622

How can I do what you suggested?
Photo of Lynn1286

Lynn1286, Champion

• 5,620 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
If you mean adding a blank page-- go to editor, choose pages. Under the blue MANAGE PAGES block you will see the option with a little plus sign to add a page.  when you click on that, you can choose BLANK and there it will be!
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

First upload the image https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/websitebuilder-add-an-image then click on more, advanced, attach link.  https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/websitebuilder-edit-an-image After selecting attach link click on website page and select your shop page. 
Photo of glendak7622

glendak7622

I'm not sure if we're on the same page. Yesterday I asked about the Header and if there's a way to change the header for a specific page. I was told there was not a way to do this. On the website I'm building with Website Builder I have a store named Being: Jewelry & Accessories. I would like for this page only to have a different Header and perhaps the Being logo on the toolbar.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Since a header section has to show the same on all pages you will want to just use a regular section at the top of each page. So you will create the same section for all the pages and just customize the store pages top section to be how you want it. You wont be able to add an image to the navigation bar but you can put an image next to it and link it to your store page. 
Photo of glendak7622

glendak7622

Thank you

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.