change design

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

at Edit, the "more" pull down doesn't offer a change design option. Since its connected to a domain, cant delete it either. How select a different overall design?
Photo of Joe7563

Joe7563

• 220 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Lori4565

Lori4565

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I tried to change my website design and this happened to me. The option was greyed out on the pull-down menu. When I contacted support they told me I had to pay extra to have the design changed! I thought this was ridiculous as I had done it before in the past without a problem. I switched from homestead to somewhere else because of this, although when I contact support to do the switching, this rep told me it wasn't true, that I certainly could change my design without cost. It was too late... I hope you get a better response.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 45,636 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I'm not sure what support you were speaking with, but there is never an fee to redesign your website and it is never greyed out. It is either there (on Sitebuilder Plus sites) or not there (on Website Builder sites). I am sorry you felt the need to move away from Homestead due to this issue.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 45,760 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Joe,

Sites that don't have the redesign option are the newer Website Builder sites.
For these, you can either just change the design in the builder or create a new site to choose a new template. If you choose the second option, once you create that site and choose your design, you can switch the domain over.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.