Cert EXPIRED???????????

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

When I go to look at the stats on my homestead site the computer says your CERT has expired and maybe it's taking me somewhere I don't wish to go...What Gives...the stats show no visitors in 7 days ...I has 6 two days ago???
Phill King
pking3169@gmail.com
Photo of PHILL4449

PHILL4449

• 828 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Curt2424

Curt2424

• 186 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I was getting "no stats available" for a couple of days. Now it says no one has visited in the past 7 days, but when I click on the stats button I get a warning that this is an "untrusted" connection.

Photo of joel5503

joel5503

• 62 Points
I am having the same issue. What's up Homestead?

Photo of Karinjg

Karinjg

• 760 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Same thing's happening to me!!! It's NEVER happened before. I hope they get this resolved quickly. I'm going to change my password just in case!
Photo of Linda Dunnigan

Linda Dunnigan

• 362 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Good Idea , thank you I will do the same & also change some of my online ads that link with my web site!
Photo of Steven4134

Steven4134

• 244 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Same problem here!
Photo of Linda Dunnigan

Linda Dunnigan

How long can this continue?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi all,

Realtracker allowed their security certificate to expire a couple of days ago.  We have found a temporary solution by allowing the unsecured statistics link.  This will likely show you the error.  It is also likely that during the 2-3 days that the stats were down, you will not see results.

We would appreciate it if you notice that stats are still not accumulating now, that you let us know so that we may work with Realtracker to resolve the issue.

Thank you

Drew
Photo of PHILL4449

PHILL4449

NO STATs on stats for week page..no HTTP just v8 on ADDRESS LINE...IS THIS SECURE???
Photo of Virginia0373

Virginia0373

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Drew, I am not getting any new stats either and I really am not comfortable following that link since it says its not recommended, I really hope I don't get a virus on my comp from going there. It isn't good if Intuit would allow their customers computers to be compromised because of Realtracker not holding up their end of the deal by allowing their certificates to expire.  Are our computers safe from virus's, hackers, etc?     My stats are not showing any visitors not even my own.  Patience is turning into worry now.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Good morning Virginia0373,

Intuit has not be affiliated with Homestead for almost 2 years now, but that isn't relevant to what is occurring now.

The reality is that there are so many security certificates on the internet that unfortunately, some get forgotten and expire.  Realtracker is doing everything they need to do to reactivate it, but it takes a little while.

We can't advise you as to if you should go to any unsecured site. That decision has to be up to you.  Homestead has been using Realtracker for years without significant issue.  We simply enabled non secure so the option to load stats exists.  The ultimate decision of your computer's security lies with you.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of PHILL4449

PHILL4449

So you wouldn't do this on your personal computer...CORRECT????
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

On my personal computer, I would. I have to point out that is my personal opinion, and any risk is mine alone.

Drew
Photo of Virginia0373

Virginia0373

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Hi Drew, My stats are up and running now and all seems back to normal. Thank you.

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Great!
Photo of Linda Dunnigan

Linda Dunnigan

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Cert expired/ site is not secured/no visitors in 7 days? Unheard of on my site I have at least 34 visitors a week ! WHAT is going on?.

Cert expired/ site is not secured/ there are no visitors in 7 days/ Unheard of on my site have at least 34 a week ! WHAT is going on?
Photo of kathryn4603

kathryn4603

• 1,038 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Site statistics not registering visits.

Site statistics not registering visits from yesterday (gmt +1) not even my own visits, any help please
Photo of PHILL4449

PHILL4449

Get a its v8.prn is this OK?????????????????
Photo of PHILL4449

PHILL4449

STATS not showing on STATS this week
Photo of PHILL4449

PHILL4449

CERT and HTTP issue as seen in Q's.

SEE Q's NO HTTP address no CERT??? Load time if at all is minutes
Photo of Jim0349

Jim0349

• 294 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Really??? An Intuit-contracted security certificate expired? In this day and time keeping people secure online is one of the most important things a company can do. I have liked most things about Homestead over the years. I am very disappointed by this. Shakes the confidence and trust I have had in Intuit. 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi,

I understand, but, Inuit sold Homestead almost 2 years ago. Realtracker is a 3rd party statistics company. It was they who allowed the cert to expire. Neither Intuit nor Homestead can do this for them.

Drew
Photo of Barbara1532

Barbara1532

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

I too get the same msg that the security certif has expired and my stats show zero visitors past 7 days, even tho there were visitors 2 days ago.

can you post a reply to all telling us WHEN we can expect everything to return to normal??

Barb

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Realtracker also had an outage a couple days ago that lasted for about 2 days.  This will affect your stats as they were unable to collect them during the outage.

Drew
Photo of kathryn4603

kathryn4603

• 1,038 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I went into Realtrackers website, it is a joke... on the news and about us pages the most recent update is 2006! and when I wrote on the contact form to ask for info regarding this problem I just get an error mess.
Drew my heart goes out to you....you are the only one from homestead interested enough to answer us and have been online for days THANK YOU. I am sure we all know it is not your fault but this and the continuing problem with homestead.com is very frustrating to all of us. Homestead has not even had the decency to update system status!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I am sorry Kathryn4603,

I know.  I am trying to answer all the questions from overnight and then I will get to the blog in a few minutes.  I appreciate your words, and we are actively trying to resolve this with Realtracker, but certificates can take some time to reactivate.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Rick0903

Rick0903

• 156 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
whew.......  I thought it was just me!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Unfortunately not, but it is being addressed.  Once the certificate is renewed, we can resecure the page.

Drew

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.