How do I remove captcha from blog comments?

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived

This conversation was archived and is no longer visible to community members.

How do you change the settings for the blog to NOT require a "captcha"? My readers are senior citizens and have trouble reading and typing in that captcha. In fact I can't get past it myself while testing it out.
Photo of Barbara6385

Barbara6385

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

• 28,258 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Barbara6385,

Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately there isn't a way to remove the captcha as we've seen websites get spammed when it isn't a feature. One day you might get 1,000 comments unrelated to your business because there is no preventive measure for the spiders that look for blogs that don't require verification. I do agree that it be hard to read sometimes, but I don't believe there is a way around it.
You may be able to create a blog with wordpress or blogger and link to it. I'm not entirely sure if they require captcha, but it's worth a shot.

Thanks,

Chris
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

• 39,954 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Barbara6385,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, there is no way to disable the captcha feature on our blog element. I understand that it can sometimes make it harder for your visitors to engage with your posts, however, it is in place to protect you from spammers and bots.

Nonetheless, if you'd like to remove it, the only suggestion I have would be to use a 3rd party blog and either add a link to that page or embed it to your site using the html element.

I hope this information helps, thanks for posting!

Ehsan