can't see website

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I've had my homestead website for years. Now people are telling me they can no longer access my website. They get error messages. I tried inserting homestead into the webaddress since my site appears to be a redirected address, and that helped for a while but now people aren't seeing it again. I suspect it is blocked by their ISP but I don't know what to do for them.
My regular address is www.arizonagourds.com, the redirected address is www.arizonagourds.homestead.com
Photo of Bonnie3556

Bonnie3556

• 230 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

• 39,954 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Bonnie3556,

Welcome to the community!

I was not able to replicate the issue on my end - The .homstead.com address you mentioned above is your site name aka internal site name.

It's the name used in case you do not have a domain name associated with your website.

It's hard to say what would be causing certain users to not access your site without some more information. If possible, can you please find out what error messages they're seeing. Also, if you're able to find out what type of computer they're using and how old or new it is, that would be helpful.

I look forward to your response, thanks!

Ehsan
Photo of Bonnie3556

Bonnie3556

• 230 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
The problem is getting worse. I've had people contact their ISP, and they say it's Homestead's problem, not theirs. Nobody seems to be able to help. I saw where others have posted that Verizon customers can't access any Homestead sites - so this is not a problem unique to me.
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

• 39,954 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Bonnie3556,

There is a certain verizon wireless router jetpack that seems to have trouble with viewing any of our sites.

There's nothing we can do on our end - I have heard there is an update that will resolve the problem, but this is something the viewer will need to contact Verizon for.

Thanks,
Ehsan

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.