Can't move email to trash??

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I can't delete emails error "the IMAP command uid copy (to delete messages) failed for the mailbox inbox with server error.
Client tried to access nonexistent namespace. Mailbox name should be prefixed with inbox

I have no clue what this means??
Photo of Ken8929

Ken8929

• 70 Points

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,698 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Ken8929,

Sorry this question got overlooked. Are you still having problems with the email.

From your description, it sounds like a configuration problem. Your account was recently upgraded to our new email platform which means any 3rd party email clients need to be reconfigured. View this topic and let us know if you still need help. https://community.homestead.com/homes...

Mike
Photo of Sandra3859

Sandra3859

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Every time I erase a message from my inbox I get the following error:
Unable to move message
The message could not be moved to the mailbox Trash

Please help thanks
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Are you by any chance using MS Outlook? I've recently run into some cases where there's a problem with a data file in Outlook and customers have had to contact MS to get it fixed or maybe to a re-install of Outlook.

How are you checking the email?
I have been using MS Outlook and only had the problem begin after my account was "upgraded". It says "The operation cannot be performed because the object has been deleted." Any suggestions other than spending the day contacting MS?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Did you try the path prefix suggested by Mark4339 below?

Drew
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

bullshootersltd3569, I think Drews repsonse above was for Sandra. For Outlook, if you already had it configured for the old system, the only thing you need to do is change the email server names. Use the server names shown here: https://community.homestead.com/homes...
Photo of Mark4339

Mark4339

• 274 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
On iPhone, go to Settings, Mail/Contacts/Calendars...click on the account you created, then Advanced at the bottom of the screen.

Where it says
"IMAP Path Prefix" You need to type "INBOX"

Should be all good
Photo of craig6073

craig6073

• 314 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
thanks, worked on my iphone but ipads not responding to it. I also have several messages on my ipad that say no sender and no content?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.