Can't see website...won't load

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

Homestead has been very sluggish for me the last few days. Today I made some updates to our website and all looks well until I try to look at the site from Safari. Have also tried Chrome. Is it me? Or you? Thanks.
Photo of cvnewcomers0339

cvnewcomers0339

• 340 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 66,214 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Homestead is making changes in their platform. You are experiencing an interruption in service. We're all experiencing some problems.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
cvnewcomers0339,

What exactly are you seeing or not seeing? Your site came up in all browsers for me, but themieleman is correct, the migration is affecting the speed of load and in some cases you may see some small icons in certain places.

Drew
Photo of cvnewcomers0339

cvnewcomers0339

I couldn't get it to load in any browsers yesterday. Today, it's coming up again but still slowly.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Sorry, it will be slow for a few more days.

Drew
Photo of cvnewcomers0339

cvnewcomers0339

I don't remember seeing any notification that this was happening,. Could've saved a lot of frustration and email from users. :(
Photo of cvnewcomers0339

cvnewcomers0339

A week later still can't get it to load.
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

This has been going on for a month. Homestead is migrating its website to a new storage location and we're experiencing an interruption in service.
Photo of cvnewcomers0339

cvnewcomers0339

Sorry, but that's way too long. We're you guys hacked or what?
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

This has been going on for a month. Homestead is migrating it's websites to a new storage location and we're experiencing an interruption in service.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

We were not hacked, and we did have a short outage this evening. It has been resolved, but we do still have some migration work ongoing. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Photo of cvnewcomers0339

cvnewcomers0339

Good to hear! I just got our site to load. Thanks.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Great!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.