Can't re-register domain; says it's still in use

• Problem
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

I closed my Homestead account last month for personal reasons, but I made the mistake of not changing the e-mail address from my defunct domain to another one on an important account, and now, for whatever reason, my password for said account is no longer working, and I can't reset the password because the address to which it's attached no longer exists. I came back to temporarily revive the domain and the e-mail address, but it says that it's still attached to an account, presumably my old one, so what do I do?
Photo of watrfall3610

watrfall3610

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 9,428 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

If you are trying to log in to the account you closed it will prevent access since it is closed. You may need to call in so we can get both accounts verified. However, if the domain is still related to the old account we can (after verifying) move it to your new account then update and information that need to be changed. 
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 9,428 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
What is the domain name you are trying to use? 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.