can't delete folders - insufficient permission

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

any chance this issue might get resolved? i'm trying to tidy up my emails and i still can't delete folders. has been going on for almost a year with no resolution. the original topic with the same exact title was closed so i opened this one.
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

• 3,144 Points 3k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
This is an account specific issue. Can you give us a couple of folder names that you want deleted and we will take a look?
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

how is this account specific? last i read was that it was on your end-an issue with the platform. all i've been doing is "repurposing" folders and calling them "EMPTY1, 2, 3, 4 etc". they can all be deleted, plus the two folders someone on your end created and just left there 9 months ago. they are called "admin 1" and "test". 

seems kind of odd that it is account specific. why just leave everything unfixed for this long. are there some sort of settings that need to be corrected? i guess what I'm saying is, i just don't get why it was never fixed and what needs to be done for it to get working. super annoying.
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

just to be clear. you can delete the ones called EMPTY 1 etc. leave the rest. there will be more shortly as i clean up my account over the weekend.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

It is account specific in that it doesn't affect everyone. It never has. We need to look at the individual account to investigate. I am sorry if this wasn't fixed for you. I haven't seen this issue arise in several months. Does this issue affect all email addresses or just one? Which one?
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

it affects all email addresses, but the only 2 i'm concerned about are "customer service" and the one with my last name in it(this is the most important one). i just tested custsvc and i can't delete the "test" folder i created(i did this just to see the answer to your question). i know for certain that this affects only new folders that were created after the migration in 2013. older folders can be deleted(if i want to) and will be shortly(i've just been super busy)(please dont do it yourself-just leave them there) i do get an error message when i delete them tho-it says something about the folder is not on the server. seems odd b/c the folder is right there. 

i  would really like it fixed. i am building a new web site elsewhere but plan to keep my domain and email with you(hence the reason i'm tidying up). if its not fixed, i may go elsewhere entirely. 

p.s. i hope you will work with me closely when i change everything over. ur about the only one i trust here, ok?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

We will take a look at the mailboxes. I have told the admins not to delete.

I will help you out with whatever you need. Just post here and if Will answers then you can get help from him, or wait until I am back in the office.
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

yes. please take a look. i should be done cleaning things up over the weekend, perhaps by monday. after that there will be a bunch of boxes called "EMPTY 1, 2, 3 etc" . they can be deleted at that point. hopefully the admins will know already what the issue is/was and it was just a matter that they forgot me 9 months ago. 

the new site is taking more time than i expected-and may not be done for several months-i'm doing it bit by bit. so, i will let you know when that situation is ready to go. i prefer to deal with you if that's all right. i've had nothing but positive experiences with you.

have a good weekend.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

All good. I'm here Friday-Monday. The mail admins will not likely get in there until Monday at the earliest, but I will keep checking with them.
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

wait. u only work weekends now? no more weekdays? who is around during the week then? i suppose William? he's good. not you though. i plan to do the whole transfer thing over a holiday anyway-e.g labor day or thanksgiving-while my advertising would be paused anyway.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

For a while there I was working every day, but yes, Will is here during the week. I like working  the weekends, so I stick to my 4 10 hour days, Friday-Monday
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Can you check it now. We are now able to create and delete folders at will.
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

worx!!!

funny. b/c i've been in there all day and then bang! there's Drew! lolz

i had just emailed this dude Van at Dotster to see if he could fix it. he's the one that migrated me. anyway it seems fixed.

BUT, while ur at it-the email count(and i assume the MB quota) is off, by several hundred. i seem to recall that this updates overnight, but i could be wrong. 

can you see what's what with that? not a huge deal, but i'm fussy as you know.
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

..and now we're all good. everything is in sync! thank you!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.