Can't change site association

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

I need to have another separate website.  I clicked "Add website" and got a new domain name.  The new name is still linked to my other website.  When I go to "change site association" it doesn't give my new domain as a choice so I can't change it! How do I make it a separate website?
Photo of Shelly2976

Shelly2976

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

When you change the site association, the domain will not be a choice in the drop down. You would have to pick the name of the site that you want the domain moved to. 

Photo of Shelly2976

Shelly2976

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Thanks, but I don't understand.  My new site is under Shellywatsonmusic.com. I have a sub-domain keystringsentertainment.com.  I need that sub-domain to be listed as a site. How do I do that?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
keystringsentertainment.com is to be it's own site? If so, then you need to create the new site first. After the site exists you can change the site association

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.