Cannot set up my Homestead email account in Outlook 2013

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

I have a new computer and I ́m trying to set up my Homestead email account in Outlook 2013 but for some reason when I ́m done with the set up and test it to see if it works the outgoing mail does not work. The incoming mail seems to be just fine but not the smtp. 

I have had my Homestead account for almost five years now and during that time I ́ve never had any problems setting up my email using Outlook or setting it up in my other devices so I don ́t understand what I ́m doing wrong this time. 

So just in case I tried to use the step-by-step instructions given here: https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how_do_i_set_up_pop3_email_in_outlook_2013 and I also used the instructions for the IMAP set up but still no luck. I get an error that says: 421 cannot connect.

Can I get some help please?

Thanks!
Photo of Mariana4838

Mariana4838

• 208 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • Frustrated

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

We were experiencing an issue not connecting to the smtp servers. Is the issue still happening?
Photo of Mariana4838

Mariana4838

• 208 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
It works now, thanks William! I thought there was something I was doing wrong. 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Glad to hear it

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.