cannot send photo behind objects

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

www.springprairiemeats.com I used to have one photo for the header of all my pages and I am now changing that. I want the header objects and text to stay for each page but want the photo to be different. But I cannot send the photo I want on the top of the page behind the objects and text that are set for every page. Can someone help me?
Photo of shipping5252

shipping5252

• 1,086 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 65,226 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I've never been able to figure that out. There's not an explanation behind the help tab. Let me know when you get it figured out. I've needed to use it many times when changing images and text.
Photo of shipping5252

shipping5252

Where are the people we're paying $20+/month to? This is EASY
Photo of Lynn

Lynn

• 3,272 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Your right mouse button will allow you to put the picture behind (Element Layer Order).
Photo of shipping5252

shipping5252

Right Mouse button does NOTHING - I tried that myself.
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

That works! Right click the image and select from the pop out menu>element layer order>then select you command choice. Thanks Lynn!
Photo of Lynn

Lynn

I'm sorry.  I was just trying to help.  I have Windows 7 and I'm using SB Plus.  That's how I put my pictures to the back.  Good luck!
Photo of shipping5252

shipping5252

Hey NO Offense! When I right click on SB with this element I get NOTHING
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 65,088 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Do you right click the image or the element? Right click the image.
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

Maybe shipping5252 can't use it but your platform is the same as mine. I've been wanting to use that feature for along time and now. Thanks to you, I can! I'm so excited now. I learned allot from our community forum today. Thank you all for participating. I'm really feeling the love. Now I need to turn it into cash.
Photo of shipping5252

shipping5252

I've tried bringing the element up frontt or sending the image back - no luck on either
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

So, you're not getting the menu when you right click the image you're wanting to move?
Photo of shipping5252

shipping5252

No - nothing I can only do the send backward button on the right side where I can edit other settings but that doesn't work
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

Don't use the Image Settings Menu. Right click the image and use the pop out command box to implement the forward or back changes you're wanting to make. Choose element layer Order.
(Edited)
Photo of shipping5252

shipping5252

right click does nothing - I appreciate your willingness to help
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

I was trying to understand your procedure. It seemed that you were using the Image setting menu commands. You do understand that the Image Settings Commands are not used in this procedure then.
https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/cannot-send-photo-behind-objects?utm_source=notification&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=new_reply&utm_content=reply_button&reply[id]=15905733
(Edited)
Photo of Lynn

Lynn

His mouse may not be programmed to right click.  He may have to go into his mouse settings to set it up to right click. 
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

I thought it was a procedure error. I think he using the Image Setting Menu command box. I sent a screen shot in hope to clarify my understanding. Hope it helps. I am anxious to see if it's a solution for them.
Photo of shipping5252

shipping5252

Understood, but when I right click on the image I get nothing. And I use right click all the time. When I select multiple images and right click then it works but when I do send backwards it still does nothing.
Photo of shipping5252

shipping5252

Ok, I got the right click part. I switched to Chrome Browser and now it works. But I still cannot get those pictures to slide behind my header. They simply refuse to go back there. Drew where are you?

Please see image below. I want the pictures behind the elements on top and it does not work.

Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

• 43,192 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
You don't by chance have them locked do you?
Also looks like you are using the Master Page option for the Header pieces? Might have to turn that off.
Lastly, it also appears your Header has multiple elements so you would need to send the pictures behind all of them.
That's it, out of suggestions. Troubleshooting 101.  :)

Oh my gosh.  I just looked at the site again and those images ARE behind the header elements. It's just that the element is transparent so the images are showing up.
(Edited)
Photo of shipping5252

shipping5252

No, I do not have them locked
Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

The reason why this is not working is because you are trying to put a master page element on top of a single page element. Elements that have a yellow border and appear on all pages, will always be behind things that have a blue border and only appear on that page. This is just a part of the way master element works with SiteBuilder.
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

Finally! That's the problem.
Photo of shipping5252

shipping5252

Okay, I admit defeat. Now I'll have to take the master page elements off the pages and replace them with single page elements. Where do I find the curved shapes you see on the top of my pages. www.springprairiemeats.com ? They were there on the templates.
Photo of William S

William S

This is under the files folder, under MasterImages. header2.png
Photo of shipping5252

shipping5252

Thanks! are there any more such elements in the image library?
Photo of William S

William S

Unfortunately no. Those are from the template, and the image library has a bunch of images you can use in there, but they are mainly images of animals, people objects, etc...
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

William just because that image is in the MasterImages file does that mean if shipping turns the Master Page off they will lose those images?
Photo of William S

William S

They aren't 'lost' per say, they would just not be on the page anymore. They can be re-added as normal items after.
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

Ok that's what I was hoping - it seemed odd if not. I don't believe shipping understands this.  Do you shipping?  You can reconstruct that header using the individual images. If you need help let me know and I'll help you put it together.
Photo of shipping5252

shipping5252

Susan, I did figure it out. Thank You for the help and support. I reconstructed the header separately on each page as I wanted a different image on each page.
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

Wonderful!
Wish you the best.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.