cannot reply to emails on my iPhone

• Problem
  • Updated 5 days ago
  • In Progress
On my iPhone I cannot reply to emails.  It says "Unable to send Email: The sender address "director@clevelandrighttolife.org" was rejected by the server."  If I am creating a new email it works fine.  I can receive emails just fine but I cannot reply to emails.  Emails work fine on outlook365 on my computer.  What am I missing? Thanks!
Photo of Peter4304

Peter4304

• 562 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 days ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 6,228 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

I would start with making sure all the server settings are correct. Locate the account settings in your phone and make sure they reflect the settings in this article https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/email-client-settings.
Photo of Peter4304

Peter4304

I found the settings.  Only one that was different was outgoing so I changed it to the specified 465.  Still have exact same problem.  Any other suggestions?  Thanks,  Joe
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 6,228 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
One common thing I often see is missing info for outgoing settings. Do you see an option under the outgoing server settings that say optional username and password? It says optional but our servers require that setting.
Photo of Peter4304

Peter4304

That was it!  Fixed!  I saw those outgoing server settings but blew by them as "optional".  Thanks!
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 5,756 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Perfect! Glad to help out.