Submit Your Website for Feedback!

• Idea
  • Updated 5 years ago
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Can I get feedback on my Sitebuilder site please?

Want some advice on how your website looks and functions? Reply with your domain name and our design services and marketing team can give you professional feedback.
Photo of Homestead FAQ

Homestead FAQ, Employee

• 42,446 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of peerservice8346

peerservice8346

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
review my site.

review my site www.peerlesshca.com
Photo of Peggy4Jesus

Peggy4Jesus

• 554 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
this also on page 69 I commented on look there for my comments not reposing them
Photo of info8118

info8118

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Please review my site  www.starvtv.com

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
info8118,

I noticed a few things that should help you out.  First and very important I noticed that you don't have the navigation menu on all the pages of the site. If you click a link and go away from the home page it's very hard to find your way back. For ease of navigating the site, I highly recommend putting the navigation menu on each page and in  the same location.

Also, I found several links to 3rd party sites.  Be careful about doing this. The last thing you want to do is steer a potential customer away from your site where they may never come back.   I would suggest removing any 3rd party links that don't add value to the site.  

You may also want to review each page and remove any pictures or logo's that again, do not add value so the site has a cleaner appearance and makes the visitor focus on the more important information. 

Then, decide what your primary call to action is. Do you want them to call you,  fill out a form, pay you, etc?  and design the site and navigation around your "call to action" .

On your home page you have very little text.  Text is one of the most important things when it comes to getting your site ranked high by the search engines.  I would recommend writing at least 300-400 words of text (minimum) for the home page.

I hope this helps.

Mike
Photo of Joe9362

Joe9362

• 70 Points
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Joe9362,   After taking a look at this site, there are several areas to improve.  Some key things to note.  This site is currently only getting 11 visits per day.  Almost 56% of your visitors are leaving the site in the first 2 seconds.  This means that you really only have 3-4 meaningful visits per day.  Considering most websites only convert about 2-5% of their visitors into paying customers, I'm guessing that this site only produces about 1-2 customers per month.

One of the reasons for the high bounce rate is probably the layout and content of the home page.  I'm guessing your number one goal, is to have customers call the phone numbers to place an order.  This information should be in a more prominent location.  As a new visitor coming  to the site. it's a little hard to tell what the goal, or call to action is. Are you trying to give a way free pizzas? Encourage people to buy a carwash from Dr. Detail?  or call you to place an order.  You may want to redesign the site. Move or shrink the image scroller. Get your contact information in a more visible place.

A simple rule of thumb.  If the visitors can't find what they are looking for in the first 2-3 seconds, they'll probably leave the site.

Mike

Photo of Joe9362

Joe9362

• 70 Points
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Joe9362, 

I took a look at your site, and you have a big challenge ahead of you.  First, the florist industry is one of the most competitive businesses on the internet.  Florists not only have to deal with other area/neighborhood florists, but also all of the online (real & fake) florists that don't have physical establishments, but claim to service your area.

Your competition is fierce no matter where you are located.  This means that for your site to rank high and receive any meaningful amount of traffic, you have a lot of SEO and/or marketing work to do.

As of now you have a single page website with very little text. I recommend starting with a pen and paper and create an outline.  You'll want to create at lease 4-5 pages (more if possible).  Draft your outline like the chapters of a book. Create a title for each page and decide what content you need on each page.  Try to write at least 300-400 words of unique meaningful content for each page and do not duplicate content from one page to the next.  After creating the rough draft for each page visit this thread.  Implementing keywords though out your site is extremely important.

A good place to start is by doing some keyword searches for the words and phrases you wish to be found by.  Then study the sites, (your competition) that is ranking on the first page of Google.  Take a close look a the text, content, and keywords they are using.  In order to outrank them, you'll need to do a more thorough job of SEOing your site.

If the focus of your business is to provide flowers for restaurants, then be sure to write some text and content around that.

Many people in highly competitive industries end up paying a professional to optimize their sites because it can get quite complicated and be very time consuming.  If you wish to do this on your own. Then I would very much recommend this SEO eBook.

Mike

Photo of Victoria8497

Victoria8497

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Website Review Request.

I would like to have my site reviewed. This if for a home building and renovation site and is at: http://www.mjcoleconstruction.com/ 
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Victoria8497,    Please take a look at the post I created above for Joe9362.  Contractors also fall into a highly competitive industry.  You are a few steps ahead since you already have a few pages created, but you'll really need to focus more on improving the content and SEO of the site. 

One suggestion would be to SEO the site around the products or services that either you enjoy doing the most, or the ones that are the most lucrative. If you don't focus on some sort of specialty product or service it will be very hard to achieve high page ranks.

Mike
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Sorry we don't have time to review every single site posted here.  Since it's not possible to provide personal feedback to every post here, I would like to share a few things to help everyone out.

One of the most important things to look at is the appearance of the site, specifically the home page.  The site needs to be appealing, and captivating so that customers don't immediately leave the page.  It's always wise to ask friends, for their honest advice, but what really matters is what your customers do, when they land on the home page.  You'll want to pay special attention to the amount of time your visitors spend on the home page before they click away and leave the site.  You can easily look this up by going to the Websites Manager page and clicking the following links: 

Websites Manager > View Stats > Behavior > Time Spent

You will see a chart similar to the example below. In this particular situation, you can see that 50% of the visitors leave the site in 2 seconds or less.   This generally indicates a problem with the appearance of the page.  As you can see, two seconds is not enough time for anyone to actually read or view all the content of the page. If you notice a high bounce rate like this on your site, take a close look at your competitors websites and compare the appearance.   If your site does not look equal or better, then you are probably losing a lot of customers and business.

I hope this helps!

Mike

(Edited)
Photo of Elene4396

Elene4396

• 60 Points
Could you take a look at my site please?
www.accellworks.com
(Edited)
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

This is a very well constructed site!  It has a lot of pages but is very easy to navigate.  The design work and logo are neat and professional in appearance.  There are only a couple minor things you might consider changing.  It might give the page a little more balance if you add some sort of footer to the bottom of the pages.  Also, I see that some of the pages have a different background image, however with the other text boxes and images layered on top you cant tell what those images actually are.  You may want to consider using some sort of uniform background image/pattern instead.

I'm not familiar with the business itself so don't know what kind of competition you have, but I would now recommend doing some test keyword searches to see how your site ranks and start to focus on the SEO portion.

Nice job!

Mike

Photo of Michael5527

Michael5527

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
WWW.VTCUSTOMAUTO.COM REVIEW PLEASE.
Photo of Carolyn2446

Carolyn2446

• 218 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
How to Reply?.

I'm trying to submit my site for review and feedback, but can't find a place to reply!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,796 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Use the reply box to post you domain name and ask the community for feedback.  Then they can use the comment box to leave suggestions to you.

Drew
Photo of Carolyn2446

Carolyn2446

There is no reply box on the Community posting that invites us to submit. That's my problem.

Photo of Carolyn2446

Carolyn2446

It just appeared--on this page!
(Edited)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,796 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Perfect
Photo of Carolyn2446

Carolyn2446

Would love feedback on www.flowerandbone.com.
Hello,

Can you review my web site and recommendations. Thanks.

Ray
Photo of Rolonda7317

Rolonda7317

• 66 Points
www.muslimdiva.com please review my site positive and negative feedback is okay. Thx
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

You have some nice high quality images and graphics on the page!  You might consider reducing the size of the logo on your home page. Unless the user has a very wide screen they have to scroll to the right to see the whole page. Also, you may want to figure out a way to get the "shop" link, or other "calls to action" a little higher on the page to make them more visible.  If people can't figure out what the site is about, or how to navigate it in the first few seconds they'll frequently leave the page.

Mike

Photo of Carolyn2446

Carolyn2446

Thanks, Mike! Very helpful comments.
Photo of tHEoFfBranD

tHEoFfBranD

• 232 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
http://www.AnomalisDesign.com
A Graphic Design company that is a re-imagining of a previous Design concept (Out the Box-graphiX, LLC)
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

tHEoFfBranD,  Very nice job on this site.  Professional logos/images really make a big difference in the appearance of the site.  I also like the way you utilized the .gif images in the photo gallery.  The rotating thumbnails draw attention without being obnoxious.  Very nice!

Mike
Photo of tHEoFfBranD

tHEoFfBranD

• 232 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

okay, I have just 2 more pages left to publish (read: complete - b4 and after / testify) I just completed the "associates" page which is a work in progress as I'll be adding more links ...

Even tho this site was a bit tricky to track down my post, I am still looking for any and all feedback (especially now that I've added another page).

Thanks!! :)

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

When time permits, we try to provide us much feed back as possible to our customers.  One of the best ways to get feedback is to take a few minutes and review the sites of other customers here on the Community, and then ask them to return the favor.
Photo of Rebecca1996

Rebecca1996

• 612 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
bbfrog.homestead.com
Becky Brown
LTFrog
Photo of Hunter4500

Hunter4500

• 70 Points

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.