Can I increase the size of my mail box?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

Unfortunately, at this time there is no way to increase the limits on your mail box. You can store up to 500MB and a total of 10,000 messages. These totals are for all folders in the mail box.

If you need more space, we recommend you use an email client to move some messages to your local device. Instructions for different clients can be found in this topic.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,796 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Anastasis9098

Anastasis9098

• 418 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I believe that you should consider increasing the size of the mail boxes. 500MB size is very limited nowadays, especially for some of us using IMAP services.
(Edited)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Anastasis9098,

I understand and have heard this from a few people. Right now we are not able to do this, but if you use IMAP, then you should be able to archive older mail to a single device using Outlook or other mail program. It isn't the perfect solution, but it will allow you to continue to receive mail.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Wayne3483

Wayne3483

• 116 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This feels like a 1999 problem. Seriously people, this isn't enough storage.  Fix it or I have to leave.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Currently this is the limit. You can switch email services if you need to, or you can use POP and delete the messages from the server when needed.
Photo of Hazim

Hazim

• 166 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have an e-mail quota red color signal ,i think it is same alert ,right ?
Please ,solve this problem perfectly ,it is too urgent .
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

At this time the limits can not be changed. You will need to clean your mailbox. Many people will archive old messages to their computer using a program like Outlook.
Photo of William0185

William0185

• 60 Points
I am cancelling this archaic web hosting + email solution because of this.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

We are sorry to hear it. Have you tried using a program like Outlook to archive older messages that you no longer need on the server? That is what most folks do, but if our service doesn't suit your business needs, we do understand, and wish you luck.
Photo of Jack4470

Jack4470

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

I agree with William0185 ... it has become a problem for me also since my level of business has increased. I have to use my “other” email platform for customers now because it is larger. I find this frustrating because I really like having my site name at the end of my email. A simple thing my customers do notice and like but once I have the last of the customer email change notices sent out, I will have to drop all mine. Email is central to the world now days so I do not understand why more value is not placed on it. I would prefer to use Homestead exclusively but the company is giving us no choice.

Photo of DBArnold

DBArnold

• 572 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
My email box is cleaned out and still has 495MB. I agree with Jack about company name in email. Ya'll need to make this a priority to upgrade storage.
Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

Have you emptied your trash folder? Emails in the trash box still count against your email quota. Also check the sent email box as that can have a bunch of old emails.
Photo of DBArnold

DBArnold

• 572 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I clear them everyday. It brings me down to 490MB used/not available. I have a large customer/data base on my account, could that be an issue?
Photo of David1762

David1762

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Delete your sent items, this is the largest file for most folders

Photo of Erika9470

Erika9470

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I empty my "email quota"? I can see that it's getting almost full, even t....

Email quota limit
Photo of William S

William S

Hello Erika9470,

You can go into your mail and delete some old messages to clear up your storage or see the above article about how to use a 3rd party email client.
Photo of Laura3145

Laura3145

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I have very few messages stored but my quota in red is almost full. How can we increase quota of emails allowed? In this case it is not a storage issue.

Thanks,
Laura
Photo of William S

William S

Do you have emails in your trash or your sent items you can remove?
Photo of Kathy9931

Kathy9931

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have this same problem and don't have anything in the trash or sent files. 
Photo of William S

William S

If you are talking about your kathy@ email address, I do see 354 MB used. If you log into your email using the webmail, you should be able to find the emails that are adding up to the 354 MB.
Photo of Jennifer3538

Jennifer3538

• 1,832 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I have the same issue and I just deleted a bunch of my sent emails as well as emptied my trash. Still showing as 497.9 used...
Photo of William S

William S

Jennifer,

Are you still having issues with this? The most storage I am seeing used is 200M/500M.
Photo of Jennifer3538

Jennifer3538

• 1,832 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I figured it out earlier today, but thank you!
Photo of Vivian2299

Vivian2299

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Why is my email box full when I have paid for more storage?.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Vivian2299,

Mail and websites are on separate servers, they do not share the disk space upgrade.
Photo of Niesha5595

Niesha5595

• 60 Points
I've cleaned my email, but the message still appears. I have no messages in mt inbox, sent or deleted folder and I get this message: The allowed quota on mail server "10.115.2.205" exceeded. (MSG-1024, -450915838-13382548)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Empty the trash, you have nearly 2500 messages there.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.