Can I get feedback on my Sitebuilder site please?

• Question
  • Updated 8 months ago
  • Doesn't Need an Answer
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

If you would like to have your website reviewed use theReply to post your domain name.  Weencourage everyone to post comments to help improve your sites. 

To keep the topic easy to follow, please post your domainusing the Reply.  To comment on awebsite, use the comment link attached to that domain name. 

We strongly recommend that you review these two topics whichhave some great information on building your site.  They will also give you some key points tolook at when reviewing a site for someone else.

Building a site

Building a search engine friendly site The key things to look for are simplicity, ease of use, andenough relevant content that visitors understand your business and are able tolearn enough to want to contact you.

Please make honest and professional comments(both positiveand negative), but remember to be respectful of everyone’s feelings.  The goal is to help each other be successful.

note: This topic is for Sitebuilder sites only. If you built a site in Websitebuilder, then please use this topic.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
We would like to give a big shout out to Jonathan T. for winning our Site Feedback contest!  Thank you Jonathan T. for taking the time to review the many site which you commented on and provided quality feedback and advice for.

Jonathan T. has been awarded a $100 credit on his account for his participation!!!
Photo of Dana 6053

Dana 6053

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Is it still possible to get feedback???  I posted above but didn't receive a response so I didn't know if it was still open?

www.sleeptalkusa.com
thanks
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Dana6053,  We do try to go into this thread and give feedback when time permits.  However we must address all technical support questions first.  We do suggest that if you want some site reviews to review sites of others, and then ask them to return the favor.

Mike
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi Dana 6053,

Nicely done.  You have an easy site to visit.  I would like to see more about yourself and your role in this business and more about the creator of the program.

Drew
Photo of cannointed7776732

cannointed7776732

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Can I get feedback on my site please?.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

If you would like feedback, please post your domain name in this thread and you may receive several reviews.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Anthony6728

Anthony6728

• 348 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I would like some feedback about my site www.amazinmagic.com
Bounce rate is very high and looking for tips to improve conversion.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Anthony6728,    Bounce rate is definitely something to be concerned about.  I think the biggest problem is with your main navigation menu.  It looks like you have the round red circles hyper linked, but text over the top is not.  When you hover your mouse over the text there is nothing to click on.  Unless the viewer is very observant, or adamant about navigating the site, they may never notice that they need to move their mouse down and click on the circle instead of the text.  this is likely the major problem.  I would rebuild the navigation menu. If you want to keep the red circles, then you'll want to rebuild those graphics outside of sitebuilder and embed the text right into the circle image, then re-import each image.  

After you make this change, you'll likely see an improvement in your bounce rate. If not let us know and we'll take another look at things. 

Mike 
Photo of Cristine7832

Cristine7832

• 2,886 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Please let me know how I am doing! Any advice is always welcome :) This is for a non-profit but we want to look professional yet fun. Thanks!!
www.crissyslist.com
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi Cristine7832,

First, take a look at your homepage.  You have your call now overlapping other text.  I would take each paragraph on that page and separate them into individual text boxes, so you can space them better.  Be sure to check your page at least in the 3 major browsers, as they will often handle little things differently which can affect how they look depending on the browser of your visitor.

Also, make sure to add alt text to your images.  This helps with Google.  Just click on an image, and on the right side, you will see a box for alt-text.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of intuitiverachel6031

intuitiverachel6031

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Simple Store.

I am thinking of adding the simple store, rather than the current cart that I have, for those of you that have simple stores on your site.... could you share your site with me? or tell me the pro's/con's you have faced? It is tough, since I cannot find a list of complete options, and they don't offer even a 24 hour trial, that I have no idea if it will fit. So, would love to hear what everyone has to say ... >Thank you 
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Does anyone on this thread have a website with a SimpleStore that they would like to share with intuitiverachel6031 just above this post?  If you don't mind sharing or want to show off your site please post the url  for your site or the page that contains your SimpleStore.   Thanks!

Mike
Hi. Website Review. Open for suggestions and/or ideas.

Hi.  Website Review.  Open for suggestions and/or ideas
Photo of David2455

David2455

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I would like feedback on my site www.CarsByDavidKrebsbach.com

Why are all the feedback replies 3 months ago?

Thanks.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi David2455,

We ran a couple of contests where we are trying to get other users to review each other.  This can be as, or more, helpful than getting one review from an employee.  The last contest ended a couple weeks ago.  Some users engaged in the contest.  Jonathan T was the winner if you want to take a look at his reviews.

We will begin to review the sites again as time permits.  If you check out some other sites and comment upon theirs, then you might get some insight from others that may prove helpful.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Sorry David2455,

Mike got to your previous post.  Let us know if you have any questions.
Photo of Gordon Weiler

Gordon Weiler

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
autotruckequipmentrepair.com
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi Gordon Weiler,

You have done a really good job on the site.  It gives good information to a visitor and is easy to navigate.  I just have a couple things that I noticed quickly.  It might be difficult or it might not, but the Welcome to Auto Truck Equipment Repair and Sales! on the homepage seems like the Truck Equipement part bleeds into the borders between pictures.  It makes it a little hard to see part of the letters.  Maybe try to use 1 text box for the lettering on each image, then you could make image 2 slightly wider to alleviate this.

Also, on the alt text, just place the text in the box.  Sitebuilder adds the alt text code for you.  Go in and remove the alt= and all the "s and the alt-text will be improved.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Tony2424

Tony2424

• 144 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Looking for your thoughts.

I get traffic now and my clients have the option to pay on my site. I would like to hear your feedback on any suggestion to enhance my site to make it stands out from my competitors...thank you
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Tony2424,   We try to review as many sites as we can when time permits. But, if you want to post your domain name here others may review your site. We suggest that you review sites for others and ask them to return the favor.

Mike
Photo of Mompreneurof1

Mompreneurof1

• 70 Points
Hello.
I have been working on my site for quite some time and now ready to push the Publish button. Would like good feedback before going live; constructive critique welcome. Please check it out: www.graycapservices.com
Thank u!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Mompreneurof1 you may want to publish the site so others on the Community can see the site.  The one  piece of feedback that I have is to consider changing the background.  It's a bit hard to read the text as it overflows from the light blue to the dark blue background. This gives the site a sort of unorganized appearance.
Photo of Mompreneurof1

Mompreneurof1

• 70 Points
Hello,
Thank you, I will take the good advice into consideration. But, should I publish on Internet before it is ready? I want to make a good first impression. Thanks again.
Photo of Heidi1717

Heidi1717

• 312 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
www.heidilight.com
I've had over 600 unique visitors but only a few sales. Any suggestions? Is there anything wrong with the site that I'm not seeing?
Photo of Gordon Weiler

Gordon Weiler

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Nice looking site.  I noticed that there were several items that didn't have prices on them.  Did you misspell jewelry intentionally or is that a typo?  Nice selection of product.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi Heidi1717,

It is a nice site.  You might want some additional text description on your homepage.  Give the search engines something to chew on.  That being said, jewelry is one of the most competitive industries on the Internet. There are many stores out there and when shopping online it is easy for shoppers to simultaneously shop several different stores. Amazon averages about 4 sales per hundred visits, so it can be tough.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Jeff9032

Jeff9032

• 60 Points
candcsealcoating.com
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi Jeff9032,

The red border you have on the pages doesn't really align well.  It drops into the footer box on the pages and not all of your elements are contained within the border. You also need more text.  Search engines need to see the words you want to be found for, on the pages within your site.  You should have at least 3 pages, each with 200-300 words of original content on it.  More if possible.  You have some unused text boxes under your videos as well on the videos page.  You'll want to remove those.

The crack filling page has nothing on it when I look, so you will want to put something there or remove the link from the navigation.

Videos are good, but you can also use text to describe what the video is showing.  This helps you builde the text needed for the search engines.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Paul3349

Paul3349

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
How do we look?.

glasspaperweights.com
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

HI Paul3349,   Sorry for taking so long to get to this site.  I took a close look at everything and see that you have gone to a lot of work to create all the pages and make them easy to navigate with the various menus.  Overall you did a pretty nice job. I think the most valuable piece of feed back I can give you is that you may want to consider converting this site to our Storefront package.  There are several reasons you may want to do this.
1. The storefront is structures so that the pages are basically self-creating. You just create product categories, add products, images & descriptions into a database, and assign them to a category and the pages create themselves.  It will be a substantial amount of work rebuilding the site, but in the long run will save you many hours of work.

2. The storefront plan also includes a mobile site so that it is easier to use when on a mobile device.

3. With the ecommerce capability you'll most like see an increase in conversion rates since people can order online 24x7 instead of having to call your phone number.

4. The Storefront also has many features built into it that will make the site much more seo friendly.  It's very likely you'll see an increase in traffic without a significant amount of SEO work.

If this interests you, you may want to call one of our telephone agents to discuss the process of converting over. 1800-710-1998
Photo of Sanjuana0347

Sanjuana0347

• 70 Points
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi Sanjuana0347,

You have a very picture heavy site, which is common for an art oriented site.  You do need to get more text on there.  Any words you want to be searched for should be in the natural text of your site. 

I like that you make it quick and easy to get to the purchase page from anywhere.

You should also add captions to all the images.  If you go to the list of images in the photo gallery, clicking on one of the image names, you will see a caption box appear.  Describe the image in the caption.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Micky5475

Micky5475

• 70 Points
www.travelplanningforyou.com

I would appreciate any and all feedback as I honstly do not know what I am doing & I fear it shows. Please let me know what I need to do but do not get too technical because I don't really know the language of computers.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi Micky5475,

The site is easy to navigate and has a consistent look and feel. You need to add more text about your services, experience and anything else that is relevant.  The search engines want to see at least 3 pages with 200-300 words of original content on each page.  This is so they can choose keywords for your site.

You will also want to add Alt-txt to you images and captions on the photo gallery images.

You have 2 pages that say you are under construction.  One is the blog page, which does have content.  The other is the Bucharest to Budapest page.  If you are unable to build it soon, then I would remove or replace it with some other content.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Solutionslady

Solutionslady

• 60 Points
www.SocialSophisticated.com

This was my 1st website design and I am considering a total overhaul. I will be doing it myself using the Homestead Builder so all feedback and suggestions is greatly appreciated.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Solutionslady   I had a chance to take a look at your site.  Overall, I think you have pretty good content. You may want to write some more detailed text explaining your services which will help for SEO purposes.  For your first site I think you did OK, but I think you are wise in your consideration to do an overhaul.  Since the text on the home page implies that you are targeting, or capable of serving Fortune 500 companies, you will want your website to portray that image. 

Here are a couple sites that provide virtual services to fortune 500 companies, which I found by searching Google. You'll want/need your site to look equal, or better than the competition.

http://www.sykes.com/
http://peacockvirtualsolutions.com/

If you struggle with creating something of equal quality on your own, you are welcome to call us and discuss the possibility of a custom design. 800-710-1998

Mike
Photo of Vanessa3408

Vanessa3408

• 74 Points
serenityhairrescue.com
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi Vanessa3408,

Nicely done.  You have a clean and consistent look.  Your information is easy to find and very descriptive.  About the only thing I can suggest is to add Alt txt to any images on the page. Something descriptive that may get indexed with some of your keywords.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of louiza8043

louiza8043

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi louiza8043,

That's a good job you've done on the site. Tons of great information for the search engines to work with.  The only thing I can say is add captions to the photo gallery images, and Alt txt to the single images. These little details can help with the search engines.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of C alvin5306

C alvin5306

• 196 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Looking for some feedback on a fun site I did from scratch about me..

The website URL is http://www.calvinricks4real.com It's not selling anything it just shows off my art skills.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Calvin536,   It looks like you've got some pretty nice design work on that site. It's a little unclear of what the overal purpose is.  If this is primarily a hobby site and you want to share your artistic capability then I think you did a very nice job. If you are selling any sort of product or service, then you'll want to expand on the text and information so that the visitors know what the call to actions is, if there is one.

thanks!

Mike
Photo of thadine5180

thadine5180

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
can you review my website and give me some feedback.

www.cluttermanager.com
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi thadine5180,

Nicely done here.  You have good content and the site itself is not cluttered, which says something good about you. 

I would customize the page titles with some more information and maybe add your phone number.

Also, add Alt txt to your images.

That will likely do it for now.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of rudy4893

rudy4893

• 60 Points
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi rudy4893,   I just took a look at your site and think there's one significant thing that you may want to consider.  In your line of work, I think it's wise to keep lots of images on the site so people can see your product. However, you may want to do some basic cleanup/organization on the site. This will make it look less cluttered and more organized.  You might consider using the PhotoGallery element that is in the SiteBuilder or perhaps even a 3rd party slideshow/image slider such as WowSlider or Comslider.  If you Google those two names you'll find instructions on their sites.

This would give your site a more professional appearance and make it more captivating to the visitors.

Mike
Photo of Debra7397

Debra7397

• 62 Points
Please provide feedback on my site. DynamicNotarySolutions.com
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi Debra7397,

Your homepage needs content.  You need to have at least 3 pages with 200-300 words of original text.  These paragraphs should contain any words that you want to be searched for.

Your homepage has FAQs in the top left.

You FAQ page has no content at all. Add some tidbits there.

That should get you started.

Drew
Photo of kathy5974

kathy5974

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi kathy5974,

That's a good job.  It is a little light on content in terms of text, but I am not sure what else you could say.  I would definitely add alt txt to the images and change the page titles.  In the page title, put your preferred method of contact, like your phone number.  This will make the phone number appear in search results and people may call you without even visiting your site.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Veril4012

Veril4012

• 74 Points
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Veril4012,   I just took a look at your site.  Selling books online can be a bit difficult due to the massive competition on the internet.  You'll probably want to focus heavily on writing some additional text and content on each of the site pages to give the search engines more information.

Depending on how many products you have, and how many you intend to add in the future, you may also consider switching the hosting plan to an ecommerce package so that general maintenance and up keep is less labor intensive.

Mike

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.