Can Homestead create a Favicon for my website? I would like to create one but don't know how.

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I have noticed that most professional looking sites use Favicons, similar to Homesteads, but I don't know how to create one. Can Homestead do this for me?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,718 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Official Response
Yes! Homestead now offers Favicon Creation as one of our Premium Services.

Make your site more memorable with its own favicon. A favicon is a small icon you'll see in the address bar of your browser, like the small house we have.

There are a few requirements in order to make you eligible for this enhancement. Please visit this url to view more details, pricing and other information.
http://www.hspremiumservices.com/Favi...
Photo of TRAYNITTY4568

TRAYNITTY4568

• 296 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Is there a way I can incorporate my logo onto the page tab when its opens up?.
Photo of William4649

William4649

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I think you might be referring to what is called a "favicon". See the post above. If this is what you want, and need help, let me know and I can have an advisor contact you.

Mike
Photo of YVONNE4635

YVONNE4635

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Thanks Mike;
I have already created my favicon and uploaded the file to my Homestead SiteBuilder file manager. Now what i think i need is the file path which i can embed into my html header. Can you help with that?
Photo of Caren0719

Caren0719

• 254 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
How do you put an image or symbol next to the website name on a Browser tab?.

When the website is open in a browser, the name of the site appears on the tab at the top of the browser with a picture of an empty dotted-lined box next to it. How do you add your own image to appear in place of that little box?
Photo of Caren0719

Caren0719

I believe we already have a favicon as well since we had one on our website before. Since redesigning the site and moving around domains, it seems to have disappeared. How can we get it back?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Check the file manager. It should be there unless someone deleted it. Unless this is a different site? The image file will have a ".ico" extension on it.
Photo of Caren0719

Caren0719

Well we were working on a different site and then changed it to the previous site's domain. Now it may be a "different site" and I'm not sure how to access it.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

If it's a different site, then the file won't be there. You'll have to start from the beginning.
Photo of Caren0719

Caren0719

I followed these instructions exactly: http://websitehelp.intuit.com/SBPlusH... and it still does not appear to be working. Could you take a look at it for me?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Sorry but we are not able to troubleshoot 3rd party code or customizations that are not part of the SiteBuilder program. If you would like our staff to do this for you it is a paid service. http://www.hspremiumservices.com/Favi...
Photo of Caren0719

Caren0719

I thought that this was part of the SiteBuilder program. I have an icon on file that I'd like to use, I just can't get the code that SiteBuilder gave me to make it actually appear.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Sorry, I'm afraid not. A favicon requires a special image that the SiteBuilder does not create and also requires code placement which is a paid service. Sorry.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.