Can you verify whether my domain have the correct A Record and Cname

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: • We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed

HELP!! My site is not visible!!!
I've performed a domain health check and the following information was pointed out:

1) Your nameserver do not include A records when asked for your NS records.

1a.) Your DNS servers when asked for www.wedtin.com. return the following records:

2) Your nameservers are on the same Class C IP range. This is very bad if you want to be found in the case of outage, or even worst, problems!

3) I have searched for differing IPs for your MX records between what are declaring your NS and the authoritative NS for the MX records. The check failed because.

4) Your SOA serial number is 1619664802. It doesn't appear to be in therecommended format of YYYYMMDDnn, you should change it accordingly. Your SOA serial number is 1619664802. It doesn't appear to be in therecommended format of YYYYMMDDnn, you should change it accordingly.

5) There is one or more CNAMEs record pointing to www.wedtin.com.. This can cause extra bandwidth usage since the resolution of www.wedtin.com. is done in multiple steps. However this is only a warning!

6)Not all of your mailservers accept mail from "<>". RFC1123 5.2.9 requires all mailservers to receive mail from this kind of address, which is used in reject/bounce messages and return receipts. The report of the test is: mx.wedtin.com.: Does not accept null sender
Photo of Nadia6245

Nadia6245

• 484 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Nadia6245,

The DNS settings for this domain are correct.  I see the site come up, what problem are you having?

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Nadia6245

Nadia6245

Trying to setup Google Shopping and Google has mentioned that they've performed a cross check and stated the following:
It seems that we are able to load your site from an USA IP address however every other IP address is blocked and therefore the site looks like it is not working. I understand that you only want to sell to the USA however to be complaint with Google adwords policy the website needs to be working regardless of your location. Can you check with your web company that the website does not have any international IP blockers which is preventing the website from working globally.

What could be preventing the site from working? Is there something I need to do with GoDaddy where I purchased the domain?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I am not sure.  We do not place any IP blocks on our customer sites.  Does the site come up for you?  It does for me.  They seem to be saying that it won't come up from out of the country, but we aren't blocking that.  I'll have my network team take a look, but I may not have all resources available until Tuesday, because of the holiday.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Nadia6245

Nadia6245

Thank you Drew! I am unable to access my site from my home- my home computer in Florida. I will have Google Shopping test the site again based on your findings. Please have your network team check the site/domain for inaccuracies as it relates to the DNS.
Thank you!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I have already passed on the information.  Do you happen to have Timewarner as your ISP?  They have had some and oddities recently.  Florida was one of the places affected, I believe

Drew.
Photo of Nadia6245

Nadia6245

I do not have Timewarner - My ISP is ATT - I've had issues with my service a while ago. could this be the cause
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

It is always possible, but I would say not likely if you aren't currently having other issues.  Let my team take a look and we'll see what they say.

Drew
Photo of Nadia6245

Nadia6245

Thank you Drew! Again, I am trying to sell my product on Google Shopping and the Google Team brought this to my attention. Much appreciated
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You're welcome
Photo of Nadia6245

Nadia6245

Hi Drew! Was the network team able to pinpoint what's going on with my site? I would like to know whether this is something on your end or GoDaddy. Google seems to think that our site administrator should be able to address the DNS/ IP address is blocked and therefore the site looks like it is not working. Please help!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,718 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Nadia6245,  I just checked the ticket that is open for you and they are still working on this. As of now, they have not found anything that should be blocking the site, but we'll keep you posted when we hear something. 

Mike