Can I use the same domain name while setting up site on website builder without messing up the one on sitebuilder?

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

I use sitebuilder and want to move to websitebuilder. Can I use the same domain name while building it without messing up the one that is currently running?  I need my current site still up while working on new one.  I also want my new site to run on same website URL / domain name.
Photo of Patricia6669

Patricia6669

• 70 Points

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of steve4468

steve4468

• 3,624 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
If your plan with homestead allows it you'll just need to start a new site. I've read that all new sites are now only available with websitebuilder as the builder. Once the new site is built the way you want it all you'll need to do is point the new site to your domain. I've also read on this forum that homestead will transfer an older sitebuilder site to the websitebuilder format for around $150.00. However, I've not heard anything about the final product after the transfer has been done.
(Edited)
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 35,172 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

Yes, you will still be able to use your same domain name that is currently connected to your Sitebuilder plus site with your Websitebuilder site. You will build your Websitebuilder site under a temporary (sitename.homesteadcloud.com) and your current site will still be up using the domain. Whenever you are done building and ready to attach your domain name to your new website, all you need to do is change the site association to connect the domain to the new site. 

We are also running a promotion where we will duplicate your current site and move it into WebsiteBuilder for you. This will be a replicated version or carbon copy of your website and it currently is $150 per 5 pages. Your website does qualify and if you are interested I can always provide more information. 
Photo of Donald7149

Donald7149

• 504 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
But when building in *.homestead.com, doesn't that website builder look and act the same as the website builder built from scratch?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 48,072 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand your question. Could you elaborate?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.