can I remove html file extension

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

looking to remove file extension on my website. Sitebuilder doesn't allow me to upload an .htaccess file. Can this be done in homestead?
Photo of Eric7375

Eric7375

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 6,488 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

Renaming files will need to be done directly from your computer. There is no option to rename it from your Homestead account. 
Photo of Eric7375

Eric7375

Michelle, Thanks for your response.  I don't think this is a full help.  We are trying to make our website more user friendly and allow users to not have to add ".html" to the web address.  For example, instead of "websitename/about.html" it would be "websitename/about"

Is this possible with homestead?  Thanks.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Apologizes. No, unfortunately there is not way to remove the .html extension with Sitebuilder plus sites. That is a function that is available in WebsiteBuilder, our new software. 
Photo of Eric7375

Eric7375

Thank you.  Where can I get the new software? 
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

No problem. To get access to the new builder follow the instructions here https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how-do-i-create-a-new-site.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Also, here is a link to the YouTube video tutorials to get familiar with the new software. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_5WFooKLTY We are also here to help with any questions while using WebsiteBuilder.  

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.