Can I keep my domain with Homestead even if I move my website to another provider?

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archive

Photo of Michelle0553

Michelle0553

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Community Manager

• 259,680 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Yes, you can switch to a domain hosting only package.
May I ask if you have tried the new Websitebuilder? I would like to know what would prompt you to want to move. Maybe the new editor will have the features you need.
Photo of Michelle0553

Michelle0553

That's great - thanks!  How much would it cost to keep my domain with Homestead? The reason I'm switching is that I found a template I really liked with another company. The other issue I had is that within the Homestead website editor, I had to completely delete my current site if I wanted to change my template without even being able to see what my options would be. I did check out the few templates on Homestead's homepage but I just liked the one I found a lot better. I haven't had any issues with the website and domain services themselves and I do really like the analytics that you provide.
Photo of Drew N

The domain hosting package is $14.99 per year. it will allow you 1 email address as well if you need it.
Photo of Michelle0553

Michelle0553

Thank you Drew!  This is exactly what I need including the one email address. Can you help me make this change to my account or do I need to contact someone else?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 21,026 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey Michelle0553

If you can log into your Homestead account > Go into Websites Manager > Choose the site MichelleWiesner0.homestead.com > and choose "Delete this site" from the options below
Please keep in mind, this is a permanent change and any pictures or content on the site you have built with us will not be available to you anymore.

Once you have deleted that, let me know and I will make the change on your account to downgrade to domain hosting.
Photo of Michelle0553

Michelle0553

Hi there. I have deleted the site. If you could switch  me to the domain-only plan with an email address, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you again for your help!
Photo of Drew N

Hi Michelle0553, I have made the change for you. You should have a confirmation email.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.