Can I build my mobile website separate from the desktop version using the new software?

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archiving inactive content

Photo of Margot5070

Margot5070

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 34,348 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

No, the desktop and mobile sites cannot be separated. You would need to have your full site on the newer builder.
Photo of Lynn1286

Lynn1286, Champion

• 4,524 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
You CAN hide some stuff on the mobile site if you want, because you can EDIT separately.  Click on the mobile phone picture at the top and you can see a representation of what the site looks like on mobile.  There are some tools you can use to make it look a bit different-like hide pictures that take up too much space, make the menu "lines" instead of tabs.  Stuff like that.   Good luck!!
Photo of Margot5070

Margot5070

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I can't seem to able to edit or move anything around on the mobile site.  The only thing I can do is hide things.  The main issue is that my header from the desktop does not work on the mobile site.  I'm using the new web builder software as well so I don't understand how the new software doesn't transfer over to mobile format with ease.  Am I missing something?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 34,348 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
In the mobile editor, elements are going to be stuck in the section they were built in in the desktop site. You can move elements within their section but you cannot move them to a different section.
I can see you have your navigation menu set to a grid menu. It is recommended to have the Menu Button on mobile, as it is easier for your site visitors to navigate. Here is an article on mobile editing to assist you:

https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/editing-the-mobile-site-website-builder
Photo of Lynn1286

Lynn1286, Champion

I don't have the same experience.  What is your site?

Photo of Lynn1286

Lynn1286, Champion

The link was broken from your last question about 2 domain names, so I thought I would answer you here.  So it's kind of opposite from what you asked.  You have one site and two domains. You work from the DOMAIN end.  First properly associate your "main" name to your site.  Then, from your domain manager (wherever that might be) FORWARD your 2nd domain to point to the main name.  You may also choose to mask the 2nd domain so that the 2nd name appears in the browser bar if that is important to you.  I am sure there are directions for doing that in your domain control area.   Good luck!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.