can create a mobile website?

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

I signed up for duda for life, but their alt text doesn't work in the photo gallery Can I create a mobile website using homestead?
Photo of Brian0790

Brian0790

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 65,332 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
No. Duda is the homestead partner for creating mobile friendly website using SB+.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Not with Sitebuilder Plus, but creating a new site with Websitebuilder does automatically create a mobile site.
Photo of 1OldFart.com

1OldFart.com

• 380 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi Drew I'm getting a little confused. Which builder is the desktop one? I need to make something mobile friendly so I can link to my existing sites as google has pushed me back from page 1 to 3. There is no longer a duda link when I sign into the site. If website builder does it auto I can use it but where do I go? I always thought our desktop one was websitebuilder and sitebuilder plus was something else haha.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

The old installable program is Sitebuilder desktop. Sitebuilder Plus is the newer version of Sitebuilder desktop and can edit the old desktop sites. Websitebuilder is online and the newest builder. It is the one that auto creates a mobile version. You just need to create a new site and from the Websites manager page, select  choose design.
Photo of 1OldFart.com

1OldFart.com

ok but where do I go to find websitebuilder as I saw nothing when I was logged in. And how do I know which version of sitebuilder desktop I have? I think I've been with homestead close to 20 years now. I should probably know this stuff but you know old dogs eh
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Log into Homestead.com and click on websites manager. In my post above I linked to how to create a new site. All new sites are assigned to Websitebuilder, so when you create it, you will see the choose design button and to the right of that you will see the Homestead Websitebuilder logo. That will only appear on Websitebuilder sites.
Photo of 1OldFart.com

1OldFart.com

ok well the site I just built this past week http://www.emstshirts.net was new and has the website logo beside it. I used the index page and went to googles mobile friendly tool and it gave me 4 errors. So I made a new page and managed to get it down to 3 errors. Here is a page I threw up with the screen capture from google about the newest page.&nbsp;http://www.emstshirts.net/google.html<br><br>But I built these pages using my desktop builder. One thing I have no problem with is creating new sites. It's trying to delete old ones I haven't had success with. One other question I have is can a google friendly site map be created on homestead?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I see, that site is set to Websitebuilder, but you used Sitebuilder to build and publish it. I'm going to convert that one for you. To use Websitebuilder, you will not create the site using Sitebuilder. Log into Homestead at http://www.homestead.com/ Then click on websites manager. Then add the new site as my link above shows. You will never be in Sitebuilder desktop for any of this new site.
Photo of 1OldFart.com

1OldFart.com

I have like 40 pages on that domain won't it screw them up?
Photo of 1OldFart.com

1OldFart.com

I see though how it works there now so am playing around with another new site to figure this thing out. I'm going to have to rebuild a number of my older domains I guess if I want to get any future search engine traffic.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Unfortunately that is the case. Although the lack of a mobile friendly site should only affect searches done on mobile devices, but Websitebuilder has some new things that the search engines will like better over all
Photo of 1OldFart.com

1OldFart.com

well google says you get ranked behind mobile friendly sites so what I think will be easiest if I just use another domain that I make mobile friendly entry page to this site. There is no such thing though as start with a blank page in the new builder huh as I didn't find one. That one page I listed above is what I hoped to make mobile friendly by putting it in a new site under a new domain then linking back to this site. Only one page of the site has to be mobile friendly for google.. Is there a way I could that?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You can do a redirect, but Google will notice. They want the whole site mobile friendly. Each of your pages has a link from Google, so they will test each page. Your best course is to create the new site and when done with one, move the appropriate domain to the new site and let it be your site. I know this is a big job, but it will be the best for your search results.
You must choose a template, but you are able to delete all elements off the page and start from a blank page.
Photo of 1OldFart.com

1OldFart.com

ok, thanks for the help
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You're welcome

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.