Button Element

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

I have created my own navigation bar using the button element - when hovering/pressing the button it changes to a brown colour but when you move the cursor off the button it returns to the original colour, is there any way that it can stay brown so that visitors can see instantly which page they are on?
Photo of Steve7118

Steve7118

• 360 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Anne/Stephan8546

Anne/Stephan8546

• 466 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
First click your button. Then to control the button (any element) you have two main, very important options. The long white bar that appears offers advanced in the lower right corner, click that and you'll see a box offering among other things STYLE and SIZE AND POSITION. In your case you are wanting to change colours on your buttons, so this is handled in STYLE. Click STYLE and you see options for colours, back ground-border-text. This is where you control what colour you want your buttons to be both un-clicked and when clicked. background colour-text colour, border colour are all controlled here.

Also important is SIZE and POSITION which controls the size and position of your buttons (any element) you can increase the size and where you want the element on your page. If you have several pages you can make each element the exact size and position on every page so things don't jump or jerk around when a client goes to another page.

Hope this helps.
(Edited)
Photo of Steve7118

Steve7118

• 350 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I did this, I clicked on the edit different states and chose pressed, changed the colour of the background but when I go into preview it just changes back to the original colour again when I click off the button?
(Edited)
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 20,210 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

Since you are utilizing standard buttons unfortunately there is not a way to set up the button to remain a different color when selected to indicate what page they are on. This can be set up but you will need to be using the site navigation elements. 
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 20,210 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Good afternoon Steve,

I tested a few things and what you can do to have the button indicate what page you are on is change the button color on the specific page. For example if it is the about us page, make the about us button on that page a different color. This should work for you. :)
Photo of Steve7118

Steve7118

• 350 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Oh that's great, thanks Michelle.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.