Browser security flagged site statistics site as unsecured due to expired certificate(Resolved)

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

FYI:  Web browser, Mozilla, flagged the homestead stats page as unsafe, warning that I would be sending information over an unsecured connection. Reason: Expired certificate (Homestead's). Here is the page that triggered the warning.
https://v8.prnx.net/VisitsPerDay.asp?Graph=StackedColumn3D&pn=8&user=1761342343&pw=hsren...
Photo of Jerry9678

Jerry9678

• 190 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Don1182

Don1182

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
what is an expired certificate and when or if will my site be useable
Photo of Don1182

Don1182

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
what is an expired certificate
Photo of Jan & Hugh1920

Jan & Hugh1920

• 156 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
'your connection is not secure"....attackers might be trying to steal your information from v8.prnx.net (for example, passwords, messages or credit crds)...NET ERR CERT DATE INVALID...............this is the message I am getting??????????????
Photo of Richard1032

Richard1032

• 418 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Similar issue when using Chrome. Come on people, the amount you charge us should be more than enough to pay someone to make sure this crap doesn't happen.
Photo of Cristine7832

Cristine7832

• 2,886 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
I think it really shows how Homestead cares.  They have known about the problem for 14 hours or more and have totally IGNORED everyone posting about it.  For the love of God, at least acknowledge your PAYING Customers and at least attempt to ease the frustration.  Again, we are PAYING Customers!  Un real customer service here!
Photo of Jan2943

Jan2943

• 60 Points
I am getting this also ...and not getting messages from the contact us button. What the heck?
Photo of NGM5586

NGM5586

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled SSL issue with view stats link https://v8.prnx.net/VisitsPerDay.asp.

I'm getting an Insecure Connection when trying to view the stat pages.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Why are my site stats not available? says no visitors in last 7 days and stats co....

Your connection is not secure

The owner of v8.prnx.net has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.
Your connection is not secure
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hello all. We are aware that the Realtracker statistics page is giving a security error. We have reported it to the statistics provider and are awaiting a resolution. This should in no way impact your site or ability to edit. The certificate is relative to site statistics provided by Realtracker. If you have already made the switch to Google Analytics, or other 3rd party, then you should not see this error.

We are sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Photo of johndeese1808

johndeese1808

• 488 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled visitor stats receiving error message page.

Login to back office click on view stats and getting error message.
See snapshoot.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I am not sure why you received that 404 error. When I checked your site, I received the certificate error. I believe that once Realtracker resolves the certificate it will resolve the issue. If not, we'll take another look at that time
Photo of johndeese1808

johndeese1808

Sounds like Homestead is using third party platform for analytic and stat reporting on it own host servers.  I would think a company the size of Homestead would have its own in house analytical team that would prevent third party partners from such disruptions.
Question:
Is Homestead in the future working on platforming their own analytic platform not to rely on outside companies to do their tracking for them on these stats?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Actually, no we are not. We will be discontinuing the current stats at some point. We are already partnered with Google Analytics for future stats, but you will need to set that up from the Website manager page. Unfortunately past stats can't be ported to Google, Since Google is obviously the leader in this field, it makes sense to use their statistics.
Photo of johndeese1808

johndeese1808

LOL OK; two thumbs up.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Official Response
Hi everyone. This issue has been resolved. Part of the resolution did require some DNS adjustments by Realtracker. For this reason, there may be some propagation time involved. You may see some errors, including a 404 error for the next 24 hours. Thank you again for your understanding in this matter.
Photo of scott6303

scott6303

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I'm still getting an "unsecured connection" notice and cannot check stats..

cannot get stats 
Photo of Rebecca1996

Rebecca1996

• 612 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled There’s a problem with this website’s security certificate 404 - File or director....

There’s a problem with this website’s security certificate This might mean that someone’s trying to fool you or steal any info you send to the server.  
Photo of Jonathan1400

Jonathan1400

• 462 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled "View Stats" button non-operational.

Here is what I get:

Address bar: https://v8.prnx.net/VisitsPerDay.asp?Graph=StackedColumn3D&pn=8&user=175908...............

Page: 404 - File or directory not found.The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Also I got a "security certificate invalid" happened with both Firefox AND Chrome browsers...
I am not able, to view mt stat page. This is the second in a row.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.