broken site builder

• Idea
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archiving inactive content

just tell people in the first 5 seconds that site builder is broken after 30 years and that you are not going to waste anymore time trying to fix it. this will save time and frustration of talking down to the money spending customers who have relied on the ease of using the download for many years and will be confined to a closed system with many more limitations and time consuming moves. it will ease the atmosphere that leads to consumer losing confidence in company full disclosure.  i run businesses so i know the income part. but sometimes people need to hear the truth first. then any problems they are having they can see and place in a logical perspective and spend less time interacting with human voice and spend more time working.  at no time did the agent i spoke with say sorry about that.  in all the years i have been a customer, i have called maybe 5 times, this being the 5th. i figured after being on hold off and on all day for over an hour, something was going on there in homestead land and it wasn't just my website not connecting to internet and publishing. plus i saw similar complaints in community and mentioned them to agent which seemed to disturb him. belligerence is what i gathered.  but i just paid that day so my billing is good for one month.  let's see what happens in staying within a website inside a website. for services no longer available, there should be a discount. or i will downgrade. or i will find another venue. and keep my money. in all fairness, this was the first time a phone call with homestead was crappy. usually everyone says sorry you are having problem and explains what is needed, usually a patch, i.e. link. although he totally denied that they had been quite busy on the phones that day, judging from my hold time, compared to past, i did not believe him. and judging from his attitude also.  i try to empathize when i encounter another person who is stressing out. but i do not think he was receptive. finally after minutes of uncomfortable time, he told the truth about the site's demise. that brought me the clarity i needed to move on. it may be even literally. thank you for reading this. true support.
Photo of M9164

M9164

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of M9164

M9164

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
this is a follow up to the previous post, same person. after deleting homestead & site builder program, finding and deleting the hidden files, my website opens completely on my devices (not phone, another issue outside of this realm).  so if anyone had the not connecting to internet, not publishing, not showing all pages or images, the big deletion & casting out apparently worked.  now back into the cave to work on the site. thank you for reading & comments. 
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 43,936 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

I apologize for the late response. I was out of office last week and am just catching up.
The downloadable builder is very old. We supported it as long as we could, but the tools that it uses from Windows are no longer supported by Microsoft. The more they update their programs, the more incompatible that builder becomes. We haven't been able to support it in years. I highly recommend switching away fromthe desktop program. We did post instructions for a temporary fix that will get the builder working, but we can't guarantee that this will continue to work. You can use Sitebuilder Plus or you can rebuild your site in our newest builder, Website Builder.

The posts that you saw about others having trouble with Sitebuilder Desktop was from 2 months ago when the issue first started. I am sorry that you had a long hold time, but the agent was correct that is wasn't for the same issue you were experiencing. We get very few contacts about that anymore, since most people are switching from the outdated software.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.