Blurry Thumbnails

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

On my website, my thumbnails are blurry on the page 2012-2014. Is there any way to remedy this? I've tried uploading a larger file, and then back to the resized one, but they all end up blurred. Is it because I have so many thumbnails on one page? I see my other pages don't have that problem.

Thanks
Photo of Alyssa5556

Alyssa5556

• 240 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Matt B.

Matt B.

• 1,434 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Alyssa5556,

Are you referring to your website alyssareiserprince.com? I do not see a page named "2012-2014" on that site. I found a similarly named page (2012----2013) that has number of thumbnail images on it. Is that the one you are referring to? None of them appear blurry to me. Could you provide some additional information so that we can troubleshoot a bit more?

Thanks,
Matt
Photo of Alyssa5556

Alyssa5556

Yes, that is the page. Sorry about that. I'm glad the thumbnails aren't blurry on your screen, but they seem to be on mine (I have a Macbook pro, so they should be clear - while my husband has a PC and they are both blurry). They aren't blurry when I look at them using site builder.

I've uploaded a screen shot of one area of the page.

Photo of Alyssa5556

Alyssa5556

Once the slide show pops up, they are no longer blurred
Photo of Matt B.

Matt B.

Ok, I think I see what you are referring to. I'm not entirely sure what the resolution is for the thumbnail images is, but it is definitely less than that of the full size image. In all honesty, the difference is so slim that I didn't even notice unless I really studied the images first to pick up on how they showed "blurry". If I, as the website professional, have to look that intently in order to see that they are blurry, I honestly do not think a visitor to your site will either. Unfortunately, this is just how that element is designed, because it allows the page to load faster. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Matt
Photo of Alyssa5556

Alyssa5556

Thank you for me know. I thought it was to make the pages load quicker. Unfortunately I work in a field where my images should be clear- most of my business comes from online. I've had a few colleagues tell me they are blurred to. I guess I will see if less images per page makes a difference.

It would be nice to have an option, like you can have on sites such as otherpeoplespixls that gets rid of the blurry thumbnails
Photo of Alyssa5556

Alyssa5556

Otherpeoplespixels
Photo of Matt B.

Matt B.

If it is of utmost importance to you, you may want to consider using a third party service for handling your images. Most of them will then provide you with HTML code to insert their image service onto your website with us.

Matt

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.