Blog Help

• Idea
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Under Consideration
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: How can we improve our blog?

I have read through the other issues on blog development. My website will be stronger with a blog that is well integrated on my site (which I am paying for already through Homestead). As such, I am confounded that your answers consistently say that as customers we should either integrate a wordpress or blogger version instead of the one you have. Firstly, I cannot completely figure out how to bring either blog over effectively, and secondly I'd rather you gave yours a significant upgrade. I've been paying for a Homestead site for years, and am conflicted about staying here given the bulky nature of the interface after all this time, and this blog issue.
Photo of Pam7996

Pam7996

• 252 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated.

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the feedback. I am going to switch this to an idea so the developers will be able to review the request.

Thanks

Drew N
Photo of corpusfoodie6974

corpusfoodie6974

• 70 Points
Same here, I like homestead just fine but if you guys dont integrate the user friendly worpress fast your gona get left behind trying to compete.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I understand your concerns. Please, when you see an idea for something you would like to see in Sitebuilder, hit the +1 button in the original post. This helps us prioritize things.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Audrey8206

Audrey8206

• 106 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This post was made 3 months ago!!!
We need this Blog features to be upgraded ASAP. Not in 3, 6 or 9 months!
We need categorization of topics options and specific blog post to be able to be shared to social media like FaceBook, Twitter or via email.
Blog with out these features are way behind of what we need. This is our business, our way of income please help.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Good suggestions! Thanks for sharing.
Photo of Ben R

Ben R

• 716 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I notice on the wordpress blog you can add a "view more" tag so you can have just a paragraph in the listing of the blogs, the blog is expanded when you click on the title.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Thanks for sharing. We appreciate any tips community member share!
Photo of Intuitive Ladies

Intuitive Ladies

• 498 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Is it possible to integrate a blog onto my homestead site? And if so, can someone tell me how?

Every-time I write a new post I then have to add the title on the side of the page (eventually I will run out of room) and then manually re-link all of the page's to their new URL, then create a new site map to put in my root file and submit to google/bing to be indexed. Not only is this a hassle but with the URLs to my blog pages changing every week, I then have change the links to everything that directs to a post and am not sure they are even properly being indexed. 
(Edited)
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

What you may want to do is utilize a more sophisticated 3rd party site such as Blogger, and then create a subdomain such as blog.youdomain.com and point the subdomain to the blog site. This way you can link the two sites back and forth. 

Mike
Photo of Dee Dee0596

Dee Dee0596

• 3,086 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Mike, Drew, Homestead is so woefully behind in so many features.  There doesn't even appear to be a way that we can notify folks about the Homestead blogs unless we send email messages or use other social media. No, "Follow" button. Folks have been submitting these ideas for a year. Surely there is some mid-way point between the minimal Homestead blog now and outside 3rd party services?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Dee Dee0596, unfortunately, at this time there is not.  Our blog element is a simple blog, with fewer features than many desire.  3rd party blogs have an array of different features that may suit your needs better, 

Our time under Intuit and the subsequent requirements for getting out of Intuit's systems has indded hampered our efforts to add new features.  I too, hope to see some of the planned improvements roll out.

Drew

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.