Blocked URL's Exceed Total Indexed in Google

  • 0
  • 2
  • Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Good morning Drew -

Hope all is well? (FYI - I did receive/respond to your e-mail last week).

Below is a snippet of Index taken today (shows status up to 2/23/2014). I also posted this along with another topic located:

https://community.homestead.com/homes...

(reason being, some helps docs in BC made reference to images/index and was not certain if they are related or not? - don't want to be accused of double posting) :)

Thanks for looking at this,
Sally

Photo of S

S

  • 6,760 Points 5k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

  • 0
  • 2
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

  • 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Ok, I am going to have to research this some. It might have to do with the redirects.

Drew
Photo of S

S

  • 6,760 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Thank you. - Here is the snippet of BC file (per your question)

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

  • 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Sally,

This is how I see your robots.txt file.

User-agent: *
Disallow: /

User-agent: google-xrawler
Allow: /feeds/*

Can you use the store admin to restore the default file, I think you will see your blocks go down.

Drew
Photo of S

S

  • 6,760 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I am confused (doesn't take much these days). First of all, I have not changed any of these files (ever). What you are referencing above is actually a new portion of this page in Admin that references 'SSL & HTTPS' pages (I believe - not familiar enough to say) - not sure when it appeared, but definitely not as far back as Jan 5 as shown in the graph above. Here is the snippet (2nd portion of the page - cannot get both in the same snippet):



My Robots Text page in Admin has both of these sections - as mentioned the second one is new - and never altered by me.

Below is how it appears in Google (which looks the same to me, but maybe fresh eyes will reveal something else).



I have compared my admin with BC docs (looked the same except for the Social thing but no mention about the SSL/HTTPS portion)

Thanks,
Sally
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

  • 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I will keep looking. I just went to your site and looked at the file.

http://store-bhi33w.mybigcommerce.com...
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

  • 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Sally, Do you have any redirects that are currently not working? If you know of 2 or 3, can you get them to me? Here is fine, or you have my email.

Drew
Photo of S

S

  • 6,760 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Sent thru e-mail -

TY
Photo of S

S

  • 6,760 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Ok...that is funny. someone from Austin looked at the robots.txt file while using my real domain (at least I guess they were able to see it - originally typed ',tx' - either way the result was incredibly different doing it with the URL you posted above versus my domain URL....wow...different information returned.

Just thought I would let you know.
Photo of S

S

  • 6,760 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello Drew -

Just trying to follow up on this issue as it just keeps getting worse. I did forward info in e-mail but not certain they have been received (no acknowledgment).

Although this is not my area of understanding, I can only conclude these various issues (at least some of them) are connected to the URL structure. As mentioned above, when you looked at the Robots.txt file via your method was different than via the method of using the public domain (and my admin panel shows both results, which the SSL part is new).

The issue I had with Google Feed (although Manuel/BC closed the ticket because it is feeding to Google), after waiting an acceptable amount of time for processing - Google rejects all images as 'invalid'. (I have also tried to reach out to Manuel/BC based on the 'closed out' ticket so I hope to hear back but not really counting on that.

I had manually created a feed for Google in January (converting the BC URL to my domain and there was not an issue on rejected images). Even now when I upload an image, I can see it uses my 'personal domain' and then I go back and it is converted to the BC url.

I also recently had an issue where a link to a 'Web Page' within the store converted from my domain url to an 'https....BC url'

I think many of these issues may be based on (but not limited to) the URL structure.

Sally
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

  • 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I am sorry Sally. I did get your email and am following with BC as well.

Drew
Photo of S

S

  • 6,760 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
***Comment correction on above - 'Google disapproved all products (not rejected) for invalid images.'
Photo of S

S

  • 6,760 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Thank you...really do need this addressed. Weeks have turned into months and this is all impeding any efforts to get back on track. (look forward to the company info requested.)

Thank you

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.