BLACKOUT OF WEB PAGE

• Problem
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Once again, I just went to view my web page called E-Book Confessions and the entire web page went black.  This is the second time this has happened.   I have a printout of it showing that it is black.  My web site is called BullCrap Busters. My name is Elana Laham.
Photo of Elana2826

Elana2826

• 890 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 6,228 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello Elana, 

I am sorry you are experiencing a black page. It does show that website and page are published and up and running. I have visited that site on a few browsers and I am able to pull it up immediately. Can you visit the website page link here and send a screen shot of what you see please. http://www.bullcrapbusters.com/E-BOOK-CONFESSIONS.html

I
Photo of Elana2826

Elana2826

To Michelle C., 

I did not read and I will not read your comments to me since your replies to me and my replies to you are in a private conversation versus a public conversation, which I did not agree to engage in.  I joined the Homestead Community website because it is a public forum.

You removed - put in a private conversation, which I did not agree to, and without any explanation as to why my uploaded image, which shows that my entire web page called “E-Book Confessions” went black – all the text was gone.  

In addition, the following are the comments (which I put in quotes) that you put in a private conversation, which I did not agree to, and without any explanations as to why:

“When I went to delete some spaces from the end of my web page called E-Book Confessions the entire web page went black – all the text was gone. I tried to take a printout of the web page and a pop up window informed me that the content of the web page exists. See uploaded image below. My web site is called BullCrap Busters. My name is Elana Laham.”

“Hello Elana, 

When I take a look at the e-book-confessions page I do not see a blank page, seems all the information is there. This is what comes up when I look in the editor and on the live site.”  (Michelle C., displays an Uploaded image showing that the text is in my web page called “E-Book Confessions”).   

“Hi Michelle C,

I am glad my web page E-Book Confessions works on your end. But sad no work on my end.”

“Do you know what happened to this post? 

I can no longer locate it on the Homestead Community website when I am signed off, only when I am signed in. How weird!” 

Michelle C:  “The conversation has been set to private due to some of the information in the thread so it does require you to be logged in.” 

I have a copy of the image, which you later removed that shows that my entire web page called “E-Book Confessions” went black – all the text was gone, which I took on August 27, 2019, from the Homestead Community website web page called “Blackout of Web Page.”  

I also have a copy of the above text, which you later removed that I took on August 27, 2019, from the Homestead Community website web page called “Blackout of Web Page”.

All I had wanted to know was why did you remove the above image and the above text?

Photo of Elana2826

Elana2826

To Whomever,

I did not read and I will not read anyone’s comments or replies regarding this matter since my photo image and my posts, which I have a copy of that I took on August 27, 2019, from the Homestead Community website web page called, “Blackout of Web Page”, were removed out of a public conversation and put into a private conversation, which I did not agree to engage in. I joined the Homestead Community website because it is a public forum.

Have a great day.

From Elana Laham 

Photo of Elana2826

Elana2826

Hi Michelle C,

Very good!  You noticed that my web page (html) “E-Book Confessions” on my web site (URL) http://www.bullcrapbusters.com is available for viewing on the Internet.

As I already stated in my previous post dated August 22, 2019, on Homestead’s Community web site, that you removed from the Homestead Community web site’s public domain, once again, my web page “E-Book Confessions” not on the Internet but on my Sitebuilder went black - all the text that I put in it was gone. You see, it is very important for me to have my web page “E-Book Confessions” appear not disappear on the Sitebuilder, so I can edit it.

I tried to upload a copy of the screen shot showing that, once again, my web page “E-Book Confessions” went black - all the text that I put in it was gone - on my Sitebuilder but the Homestead Community website no longer offers that option, though it did a week ago. How weird!  However, I will be happy to send the screen shot to your email if you furnish me with your email “reply” versus a “noreply” address.

“All I wanted was a pair of pants.” Translation:  All I wanted to do was get a proper PDF printout copy from the Internet of my web page “E-Book Confessions” that I need for copyright purposes, which I have been doing for the last five years without any glitches. In order to get a proper PDF printout copy from the Internet of my web page “E-Book Confessions” I had to increase the amount of spaces at the bottom of the text box of my web page “E-Book Confessions” in my Sitebuilder.  But when I did, my entire web page “E-Book Confessions” went black - all the text that I put in it was gone. 

Then, a miracle happened.  I accidentally pressed another print out option other than the one I use.  After that, Divine Intervention made a perfect proper PDF printout copy from the Internet of my web page called, “E-Book Confessions.”   

Thank you for reaching out to me anyway.

Bye, Elana Laham

(Edited)
Photo of Elana2826

Elana2826

I tried to upload a copy of the screen shot showing that, once again, my web page “E-Book Confessions” on my Sitebuilder went black - all the text that I put in it was gone - but the Homestead Community website no longer offered the option of uploading screen shots, though it did a week ago. How weird!  However, I will be happy to send the screen shot to your email if you furnish me with your email “reply” versus a “noreply” address.
Photo of Elana2826

Elana2826

Then, a miracle happened.  I accidentally pressed another printout option other than the one I use.  After that, Divine Intervention made a perfect proper PDF printout copy from the Internet of my web page called, “E-Book Confessions.”  It was the only PDF printout copy from the Internet option that worked.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Hello Elana,

To address your first encounter, if you are initially seeing a black screen when loading up Sitebuilder plus, that is due to the size of the website and pages. It may take a minute or two to load and display the content because you have over 2000 files and almost 100 pages. None of your pages show to have any of the content missing, you may be experiencing slowness in load time and unfortunately we cannot do anything on our end to speed that up but recommend WebsiteBuilder. For the situation about the PDF printout that is another situation Homestead cannot speak to or explain why it was displaying incorrectly. I want you to understand once you begin to use outside softwares and programs such as a file converter or printer settings etc. we cannot diagnose or troubleshoot those issues as we do not have control of those. However, I am very glad you were able to get it to print out correctly and if you ever are running into issues with your Homestead account we are always happy and here to help. 
Photo of Elana2826

Elana2826

Hi Michelle C.,

#1) I am confused:  

On August 30, 2019, at Homestead’s Community website, you, Michelle C., (Homestead’s employee) informed me thatdue to the size of my WEBSITE, twice, my web page called, “E-Book Confessions” on my Sitebuilder went black – all the text that I had in it was gone.  I had to re-insert all of the text, twice.

But...

On April 13, 2018, at Homestead’s Support phone number of 1800-710-1998, Bradley Amirault (Homestead technician) informed me that I have Site Builder Plus.  I log in thru homestead.com.  So I have no icon.  So I have a Cloud Website.  So I am not physically storing my Website material on my Sitebuilder Plus.  So I have unlimited space on my Website.  This means that, I can make as many web pages, hyperlinks, images, etc., as I want/need.  

#2) I am confused: 

You also mentioned that due to the size of my WEBPAGES, twice, my web page called “E-Book Confessions” on my Sitebuilder went black - all the text that I had in it was gone.  

Yet...

On August 23, 2019, I posted on the Homestead Community website the following:

“When I went to delete some spaces from the end of my web page called “E-Book Confessions” the entire web page went black.” 

And I uploaded an image on the Homestead Community website showing my web page called, “E-Book Confessions” on my Sitebuilder went black - all the text that I had in it was gone. 

On August 23, 2019, you posted on the Homestead Community website the following:

“When I take a look at the e-book-confessions page I do not see a blank page.  This is what comes up when I look in the editor and on the live site.”

And you uploaded an image on the Homestead Community website showing my web called, “E-Book Confessions” had text in it. 

Being that you were able to view the text on my web page called, “E-Book Confessions” in the editor and on your live site, why was I not able to view the texton my web page called, “E-Book Confessions” in the editor and on my Sitebuilder live site?    

Welcome to the Twilight Zone!

This above conversation, which began on August 22, 2019, was REMOVED from the Homestead Community website.

When I asked you why it was removed you answered, “The conversation has been set to private due to some of the information in the thread.” 

Please clue me in as to what Homestead’s regulations are with regard to removing a conversation on Homestead’s Community website. I believe Homestead’s Community website provides me with the option to make a conversation private or public. So I thought making a conversation private meant both you and I have to agree to do so.  I did not ever request a private conversation.

We have taken control of your television set.  We are the Outer Limits!

#3) I am confused:

Regarding getting a proper PDF printout copy from the Internet of my web page called, “E-Book Confessions”... 

Initially, when I became a customer of Homestead, from 2014 – 2017, I was able to get a proper PDF printout copy from the Internet of my web pages.  Then, for the entire year of 2018, in order to get a proper PDF printout copy from the Internet of my web pages I had to add spaces to the end of my text box of my web pages in my Sitebuilder in order to do so.  After that, in this last half year, on August 22, 2019, when I tried to add spaces to the end of my text box of my web page called, “E-Book Confessions” on my Sitebuilder, twice, my web page called, “E-Book Confessions” went black – all the text that I had in it was gone.  How weird!

On August 23, 2019, at Homestead’s Support phone number of 1800-986-0958, I spoke to Bradley Amirault (Homestead technician) and he told me he was able to give me a proper PDF printout copy from the Internet of my web page called, “E-Book Confessions”, which he did and without any difficulty.

On August 28, 2019, at Homestead’s Support phone number of 1800-710-1998, I spoke to Bradley Amirault (Homestead technician) again. But this time he told me he was not able to give me a proper PDF printout copy from the Internet of my web page called, “E-Book Confessions.”  How weird!

#4) I am confused:

On August 28, 2019, at Homestead’s Support phone number of 1800-710-1998, when I spoke to Bradley Amirault (Homestead technician) he also suggested that I make multiple pages for any and every web page of mine that is lengthy to overcome the issue of a text box of a web page going black - all the text that I put in it being gone.  When I told him I have not ever had this issue in the entire five years I have been with Homestead he told me that the Sitebuilder Plus is getting old and recommended I switch to WebsiteBuilder.  

My spouse, who is an electrical engineer, worked twenty-five years for the Boeing Company dealing with computers daily.  Amongst his duties was to write software programs. My spouse informed me that computer software, which is the instructions that tell hardware, such as Sitebuilder what to do, does not ever get old.    

Thank you all at Homestead for reaching out to me regarding this issue with your time and energy.  Homestead has the greatest tools when the equipment is working.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Hello,

To clarify, in our previous conversation I mentioned that you may be initially seeing a black screen when loading up the Sitebuilder plus editor due to the size of the website page. Since the web page is very long you were most likely experiencing slowness. It may take a minute or two to load and display the content but I never said it was gone or deleted, from what I saw. To help speed up load time it has been suggested that you break the content into separate text boxes or preferably separate pages.

Your conversation with Bradley may have had some misunderstanding. Yes, you are using the online builder at homestead.com, which is Sitebuilder Plus, the online version of the desktop builder, and does not require clicking the icon to open. However, it is not the newest software that is in the cloud, that builder is called WebsiteBuilder, which is something that I know he did recommend you consider using. If you were to use WebsiteBuilder you would be able to have larger pages with quicker load times. 

I apologize I cannot speak to why you couldn't see the content and we could. From the way the phone call went with Bradley, he relayed and I understood, that you were not having issues with seeing the live site's content and that it was only when attempting to print it out as a PDF. This unfortunately, we have no control over. Bradley never attempted nor confirmed that he was able to print out your web page as a PDF as that would typically be out of our scope of support. However we were glad to hear you got it figured out.

About the private conversation, again, the conversation was not removed, I did simply set it to private because you posted a screen shot of information on your computer screen and so did I, that contained content that everyone does not need to see or would help them in anyway. It was for privacy and security purposes. If you would like to research more into it you can view these links.
https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/community-guidelines-ilap7f0q8d5al  
https://www.homestead.com/legal?&_ga=2.228980828.1394467036.1567179098-410702571.1567179098#.XWld3ShKiUl

When you became a customer in 2014 you may have used different procedures or routes to get something done. Your example above, printing the PDF.  As you can see, throughout the years technology changes, advances, updates and operates on newer systems, causing the need for different approaches.This is one of the reasons Homestead rolled out WebsiteBuilder, to stay up to date with the modern technology being used now. This also leads into your statement about software not getting old. Technically, it is true that software does not age as hardware does, but it does age in the sense that it becomes outdated, incompatible and obsolete. Sitebuilder Plus is older software, so it will have more issues than our newer builder does. This is why we, and Lynn in the comment on your other post, recommend you start moving your site over to that newer platform. I want you to understand Sitebuilder was developed around 20 years ago and technology has definitely changed in this time, so we are not saying it will break and not be accessible but it is subject to errors. 

I hope this addresses your concerns and we do recommend using WebsiteBuilder to get the best experience for what we have to offer! 
Photo of Elana2826

Elana2826

To Michelle C.,

I did not read and I will not read your comments to me since your replies to me and my replies to you are now in a private domain versus a public domain, which I did not agree to engage in.  I joined the Homestead Community website because it is a public forum. 

But thank you for reaching out to me anyway.

Have a nice day.  Bye.  Elana Laham

Photo of Elana2826

Elana2826

To Michelle C., 

I did not read and I will not read your comments to me since your replies to me and my replies to you are in a private conversation versus a public conversation, which I did not agree to engage in.  I joined the Homestead Community website because it is a public forum.

You removed - put in a private conversation, which I did not agree to, and without any explanation as to why my uploaded image, which shows that my entire web page called “E-Book Confessions” went black – all the text was gone.  

In addition, the following are the comments (which I put in quotes) that you put in a private conversation, which I did not agree to, and without any explanations as to why:

“When I went to delete some spaces from the end of my web page called E-Book Confessions the entire web page went black – all the text was gone. I tried to take a printout of the web page and a pop up window informed me that the content of the web page exists. See uploaded image below. My web site is called BullCrap Busters. My name is Elana Laham.”

“Hello Elana, 

When I take a look at the e-book-confessions page I do not see a blank page, seems all the information is there. This is what comes up when I look in the editor and on the live site.”  (Michelle C., displays an Uploaded image showing that the text is in my web page called “E-Book Confessions”).   

“Hi Michelle C,

I am glad my web page E-Book Confessions works on your end. But sad no work on my end.”

“Do you know what happened to this post? 

I can no longer locate it on the Homestead Community website when I am signed off, only when I am signed in. How weird!” 

Michelle C:  “The conversation has been set to private due to some of the information in the thread so it does require you to be logged in.” 

I have a copy of the image, which you later removed that shows that my entire web page called “E-Book Confessions” went black – all the text was gone, which I took on August 27, 2019, from the Homestead Community website web page called “Blackout of Web Page.”  

I also have a copy of the above text, which you later removed that I took on August 27, 2019, from the Homestead Community website web page called “Blackout of Web Page”.

All I had wanted to know was why did you remove the above image and the above text?

Photo of Elana2826

Elana2826

To Whomever,

I did not read and I will not read anyone’s comments or replies regarding this matter since my photo image and my posts, which I have a copy of that I took on August 27, 2019, from the Homestead Community website web page called, “Blackout of Web Page”, were removed out of a public conversation and put into a private conversation, which I did not agree to engage in. I joined the Homestead Community website because it is a public forum.

Have a great day. 

From Elana Laham 

Photo of steve4468

steve4468

• 2,314 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi Elana,

Is it possible that the problem with your pages not being loaded completely on your computer is due to your ISP? I visited your site and must admit that there's lots of information available and appears to be fairly large. While it fully loaded on my computer I don't know the size's of your pages. It is possible that your ISP or browser is timing out before the entire cache can be loaded. This could be due to a reduction of bandwidth connected to your internet account or a change in your ISP's equipment.

When I switched from a DSL to a cable connection I noticed that pages loaded much faster and most streaming services performed better. However I found that YouTube videos were prone to buffering problems or would sometimes just stop if the YouTube page wasn't in the front window. And this was with a change from a 6 meg DSL to a 100 Meg cable.

Good luck. I hope you get your loading problems solved soon.
(Edited)
Photo of steve4468

steve4468

• 2,314 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
If you only experience the "blackout" when your using sitebuilder plus, don't worry. That happens to quite a few of the people on this forum. Sometimes you'll be editing a text box and when you're done and click someplace else on the page the text box you were working on will disappear. To bring the text box or image simple click someplace else again or refresh your browser. You can also click the preview button.

If it's happening on desktop sitebuilder I can't tell you anything as I've been unable to log into to that specific program for some time now.

As far as only being able to see posts when you're signed in? This is a homestead forum for homestead users and solutions for homestead problems. These problems are not the same and do not have the same fixes as WIX, Go-Daddy, etc. Those users have their own forums with their own unique problems and unique resolution's to those problems. 

Finally, this thread is public even if it's on a private forum. Everybody who uses this forum has access to it. For me personally I appreciate that the forum moderators (Michelle C, Elyzabeth, Drew, etc.) will use common since and move a thread to private mode if I make a mistake and post something that should be confidential.
(Edited)
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 43,926 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Elana,

Since you will no longer read or respond to any comments or responses, I will close your questions. This will prevent people from continuing to respond and attempting to assist you.

I removed 2 of your duplicate posts since posting the same question multiple times is considered spam and is against community guidelines.

At any point, if we feel that a question will no longer be helpful or relevant to other customers, we reserve the right to make a conversation private. Only one post was made private because screenshots were posted from both you and the person assisting you, and it was no longer relevant to other customers.

If you decide that you are ready to read or respond to comments in the future and accept assistance, you can post a new question. If you post the same question multiple times, any additional posts will be removed.

Have a great day as well,

Elyzabeth
Community Manager

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.