bigcommerce amazon integration issues with listing products

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

I have connected my BC store with amazon using the new channel manager and my products won't list to amazon. I receive the following error "Requires field 'Product Type' in order to list when creating a new ASIN on Amazon." but this makes no sense since every item i have the product type is set to physical product.
Photo of Jill1739

Jill1739

• 1,860 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Jill1739

Jill1739

Also with the new product list the Bulk Edit select does nothing....??
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Did you try listing again? There may have been a communications problem.
Photo of Jill1739

Jill1739

i resubmitted them to amazon we will see if it works... i tried a different browser for the bulk edit and it works with google chrome but not mozilla
Photo of Jill1739

Jill1739

items were rejected by amazon for the same reason "Product Type"
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Can you try 1 item at a time and make sure that the product does have the type specified? I Bigcommerce suggested Chrome Headlight Assembly 12 Volt
Photo of Jill1739

Jill1739

all products in BC have a product type drop down box for physical product or downloadable product and 1 of the 2 options is always selected. all our products are set to physical product. I retried Chrome Headlight Assembly 12 Volt and still being rejected
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Ok. Still working on it
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

There does seem to be something wrong. I have engaged Bigcommerce whole will be working with Amazon to resolve.
Photo of Jill1739

Jill1739

Ok Thanks.. keep me updated please
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I will do, but they might contact you directly. If they contact me I will let you know.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Ok, unfortunately, we have it figured out. Bigcommerce at this point has a limited number of categories they can list to. Your business would fall under automotive is what they said. Unfortunately, automotive is not yet available for listing via the store. I am sorry, but I do not have an ETA as to when they will.
Photo of Jill1739

Jill1739

ok well we will have to list directly on Amazon and the orders do come in to BC so i guess thats a bonus lol.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.