Automatically forward incoming messages to another E-Mail address

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Where can I find this filter as noted in the following "Help" section???
I'd like to be able to forward incoming mail to another e-mail address.

8.2.5.4. E-Mail filter
E-Mail filters help you organize incoming E-Mail messages. For example, you can set up E-Mail filters to trigger the following actions when receiving an E-Mail:

The E-Mail is moved to a specific E-Mail folder.

The E-Mail is forwarded to another E-Mail address.

The E-Mail is marked as read.
Photo of Fred7836

Fred7836

• 232 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Login to your Homestead account and click on Email. Below the login, click on Manage my email account. Click the pencil icon to the right of the email account you want to forward. Under advanced options you will see the forward.. It can take up to an hour to activate.

Drew
Photo of Holley

Holley

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
the forwarding is totally unreliable and often stops working.... HATE IT
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

If you have specific examples of failed forwards, you can give us the sender address, your address, the forwarding address, date/time and subject and we can track it.

Forwarding is falling out of favor with mail admins and spam filters. It greatly increases the chance a message will be marked as spam. You might need to configure your device to check your email directly. Most email programs can check multiple emails now.

Drew
Photo of Holley

Holley

We are a small all volunteer non-profit. We NEED our emails to be reliably forwarded to the various people who handle them. Forwarding of info@culinaryhistoriansny.org has been FAILING to HolleyA@ix.netcom.com and, even though I changed it yesterday to holley.atkinson@gmail.com, it is still failing. We NEED to be able to rely on this. Please advise when there will be a fix, thanks.
Photo of Holley

Holley

how am I supposed to send you the failing emails? you need to give me an address to send them to.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You can fill out the information in the form, I linked below. We can look into it, but the problem might not be on our end. We will need to investigate.

http://communityguidelines.homestead....

Drew

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.