Automatic Email Forwarding

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

It's been a while since I created a new email address.  When I logged in to my new email address, it was a different provider (RoundCube).  The old email has an auto-forward function.  I'm not finding it in this email account.  Help?  Thanks.
Photo of Joshua2161

Joshua2161

• 3,974 Points 3k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Brian4612

Brian4612, Champion

• 32,264 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
HI Joshua, Roundcube is the new email programme Homestead is moving over to. It was announced a few months back but seemed to stall for a while and now, I believe we will all be migrated over to Roundcube from OX eventually. I am still on OX so haven't got a clue but just pop Roundcube into the search box at the top of the forum and you will see a lot of How To tutorials.... good luck. Maybe, once you have it all sorted you can pop back i here and tell us how it all works :)
(Edited)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Brian is correct. All new domains get Roundcube email. Older domains will be converted in a while. This is not a back end change. Only the Webmail interface is changing.

We do not advise forwarding as many spam filters and mail servers will reject forwarded messages these days, but you may do it if you like. You can add the forward in the email manager in your Homestead account, or you can create a filter within Roundcube, under Settings.

You can read my article if you like, https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/email-forwarding-is-bad-don-t-do-it-heres-why

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.