authoritative nameservers -Cloudflare

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

I changed the nameservers on my website intimatehair.com as instructed by Cloudflare. However, it did not make the site secure. I contacted them and received this comment: "You must point your authoritative nameservers to Cloudflare, this will delegate your DNS configuration to Cloudflare. It is not sufficient to simply set NS DNS records for Cloudflare; you must set your authoritative nameservers with your domain registrar." Okay, way above my pay grade. How do I do that? Thanks!

Photo of Bob1065

Bob1065

• 990 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 37,432 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

With Homestead it would require updating your name servers as showing in this article. https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how-do-i-change-the-nameservers-for-my-domain
However, I see all the domains on the account are pointed domains and are registered with another company. The few I checked are registered through go daddy and you will need to reach out to them to get help updating the nameservers in their system. 
Photo of Bob1065

Bob1065

• 990 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Thank you. I will do so. Much appreciated.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 37,432 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
No problem, you are welcome.