August 29, 2013. Email passwords need to be reset

• Announcement
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

We are currently experiencing issues with our email servers that are causing passwords to not work properly. Our admins are currently investigating the issue and we hope to have it resolved shortly.

You can get your email boxes working now by resetting the password inside your account. You can find step-by-step instructions for changing your email password by clicking here.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Photo of Mindy

Mindy

• 872 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Our email admins have identified the problem with the email passwords. If you changed your password to gain login access, but you are now unable to log in again, try your original password and the issue has now been resolved.

If you are still unable to log in you can reset your password as explained above.

Once again we apologize for this inconvenience.
Photo of James0728

James0728

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
can't log on to email accounts.

I can't log in to either of my email accounts. I've tried on two different computers.
Photo of Robin5232

Robin5232

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Email sign in trouble.

I tried to sign into my email account today and it keeps telling me that my login name or password is incorrect. I have not changed them at all. How can I fix this? It is my work email and is very important.
Robin White
Photo of stephani9074

stephani9074

• 60 Points
I was able to finally able to receive emails but not able to send? Prompt says the server is not found, and to verify the server on my account properties???
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Are you using Outlook? If so, can you first log in to the web mail and see if you can send and receive from there.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Derek9048

Derek9048

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I can't login to my email. It is telling me my password in invalid. I have not changed anything and desperately need to get into my email as it is for work.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Your email was suspended for spamming and it appears the email may have been hacked. What you will need to do is update your antivirus program so that it has the latest antivirus definitions, then run a full scan. it is possible that there may have a malicious program that may be tracking logins and sending that information to the spammer.

Once you have updated your antivirus and done the full scan, you can follow up by emailing our compliance team at compliance@Homesteadsupport.com or you can post here in this thread to reactivate the email

Once your email is reinstated, you will change the email passwords and replace with a strong password which uses a combination of letters, numbers and symbols. For example: P@ssw0rd!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.