Audio files playback stalling after 3-4 minutes.

• Problem
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archiving inactive content.

Audio files playback stalling after 3-4 minutes. I can move the progress bar and the play will continue from the new position, but after several tries, I cannot continuously play the audio file for more than 4 minutes. I have good numbers for my computer, wifi, and internet speed. 
Photo of Heather9687

Heather9687

• 272 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 63,602 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Did you try reloading them?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 40,944 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

I just opened your site and played one of the audio files and it played for 16 minutes before I stopped it, and it had no playback issues. What browser are you using?
Photo of Heather9687

Heather9687

Elyzabeth, thanks for the reply.  Just played it from my phone (android), stopped 3:42, browser is Chrome. I also played it from my laptop, same audio file through Duckduckgo, stopped 3:20, and then restarted on its own after about 5 minutes. Microsoft Edge on my laptop played no problem. Firefox on phone ran 8:07 and stopped. I tried again and it stopped 8:03, but the screen dimmed so i wondered if it could be the phone setup. Played again Firefox on phone, stopped 4:59 with no screen dimming.
Photo of Heather9687

Heather9687

Elyzabeth, FYI, the last test (4:59 stop) on phone on Firefox, started again after about 5 minutes as well.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 40,944 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Is there a specific file that you are testing? I cannot replicate this issue on my computer or on my phone. The audio files are playing non-stop, and I let it run for about 15 minutes.
(Edited)
Photo of Heather9687

Heather9687

Elyzabeth, hi. The results above I acheived by playing http://www.drandyyates.com/Chapter_8_Addendum.mp3, which is at the bottom of the home page. I have just tried a different file to excude that from the research, http://www.drandyyates.com/291218_Customs_Human_Alien_MF.mp3, which is at the bottom of the Radio Show page. This file ran OK from my laptop on Microsoft Edge, stopped and started on Chrome and Duckduckgo, and stopped on Firefox. On my phone, for the same file, it ran OK on Edge, stopped and strated on Chrome, and ran OK on Firefox.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 40,592 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello Heather,

Again, I tried and was unsuccessful in replicating the issue you are seeing on either my phone or my computer. Are both your computer and phone connected to the same wifi/internet connection? It is possible that is where the disruption is coming from. Can you try a device connected to a different network?
Photo of Heather9687

Heather9687

Elyzabeth, New test. Chrome on another phone stops, Edge plays OK. Different network, I have just tried Chrome from my mobile using mobile data (O2 - first MP3), so I think I am taking WIFI out of the connection, and it stopped at 11:48. I will try to find someone to run through a different provider and network, may take time.... If you don't mind me asking, what are you using?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 38,950 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I am using Chrome on both my computer and my Android phone. That is the only browser that opens the file in a new tab to play, instead of trying to download it. 
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

So I can see you've added that as a file. I would recommend you try adding it as a media player and see if it plays through that way. 
Photo of Heather9687

Heather9687

Elyzabeth, I have been loading as audio files because the community advised me to after I had so many problems with the audio player. Wierd though. I tested the same file other day in another location using mobile data both O2 and EE providers and Chrome. Both ran OK. Just ran the file on my laptop (Wifi) stalled at 3:20 again, then started running again after about 10 minutes, an stalled again at 6:55. Simultaneously runing OK same Wifi on my phone. I'm lost.... 
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

What is your ISP, can you try it over a wired connection and can you test your internet speed and tell me what it is at?
Photo of Heather9687

Heather9687

Elyzabeth - Test ServerLondon, GBDownload14.01 Mb/sUpload5.58 Mb/sLatency16 msRetransmission0.02%. I am not sure how to run wired, I ran a cable from my laptop to the ethernet connection on the back of the router, but it said no internet,
Photo of Heather9687

Heather9687

Just uploaded my latest show, in Chrome ran 3.05 and stopped, ran fine in Firefox
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Hello Heather,

Unfortunately, I have not only tried to replicate this issue from my wired desktop, my phone, and my wireless laptop at work, but I also tried on my wireless laptop at home and my coworker tried on a laptop on Starbucks Wifi. We have not been able to replicate the issue on any of these devices, so it seems to be a local issue.
I would recommend contacting your ISP to see if they are throttling your bandwidth, which might be causing this issue.
I might also recommend uploading your videos to Youtube and posting them to your site through that platform.
Photo of Heather9687

Heather9687

Thanks for sticking with this Elyzabeth. I have ordered a new and higher spec router, so i hope that will resolve this issue. PS - I had problems getting into this community too until I tried it from Firefox.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.