Are there going to be any refunds for e-mail service that was paid for but not provided?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

This service is a total joke. It's even worse when you have to pay for something you're not getting.
Photo of Mark1061

Mark1061

• 282 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Marcia4192

Marcia4192

• 70 Points
I agree with you and I'm trying to run a small business!!!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
We are having to handle these one case at a time as the impact to our customers varies dramatically. You are welcome to call us and discuss this. 800-710-1998
Photo of Michael0053

Michael0053

• 672 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
It should be automatic. We should all be getting a credit for a months service. The worst part is none of us will ever know how much our business has actually been effected. Hate to say it, but I started looking at new hosts for my store today. The amount of time it's going to take to transition is going to suck, but I don't know what else to do at this point. Seems like problem after problem these days. I need something reliable and with 24/7 support.
Photo of Cathy Ginter

Cathy Ginter

• 822 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
There is no question about it! Everyone should have their prepaid annual contracts extended by at least one month. We shouldn't even have to ask. This extension just makes good business sense especially to someone like me who has been a loyal customer since your inception. ~ Cathy Ginter
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Cathy, you are welcome to call the number above. I'm pretty sure there won't be any refunds across the board as there are many people who's emails where not affected or hardly affected. Give us a call and we'll do what is fair and reasonable.

Mike
Photo of Cathy Ginter

Cathy Ginter

• 822 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Thanks Mike, I did make a call and was fairly reimbursed. A friendly approach is always helpful ~
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Thanks for the feedback Cathy!
Photo of Mark8461

Mark8461

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Dear Mike,

Please dial in the number yourself and listen to the message, which hasn't changed since 9/24. This is insane. I held for almost 40 minutes and no one picked up. I have never seen such a bad customer service. Even from my free email providers have better customer care and are much much more reliable. Can you please just fix the problem. You are destroying our businesses.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Mark8461, I more than anyone understand the magnitude of this issue. As I have stated in multiple threads, we are very very sorry for this interruption in service but if the email problem is disrupting your business, we suggest using a different provider. We really don't want to lose your business but we want you to do what is best for you, and your business.

I'm very sorry for the long hold times, we have all hands on deck. If you are unable to get through on the phones, you can also contact Live Chat here: https://livechat.boldchat.com/aid/506...
Photo of Mark1061

Mark1061

• 282 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I just called and didn't have to wait too long on hold. They reimbursed me for a month's service. Customer service was very helpful and not rude.
Photo of Michele2382

Michele2382

• 200 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
live chat is just as big a joke. I was on "hold" waiting for a live chat agent for 30+ minutes yesterday. What a waste! And all I got was false promises and more lies. Oh yeah, and being told to keep an eye ion the status blog - what a joke! it hasn't been updated in several days and it's just more useless false promises.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Michele2382, I apologize for the very long hold times there have been. Now that the majority of the issues have been fixed the hold times for Chat and Telephone support should not be nearly as long. Feel free to contact us at your convenience to discuss a refund or credit. Thanks.

Mike
Photo of Michele2382

Michele2382

• 200 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
more disgusting than the long hold, was the placating lies, and the continued claim that mail was going through despite PROOF that homestead was being blacklisted all over. Twice in livechat I was told it was an incoming spam filter issue and that I was NEVER blacklisted. FALSE. And apparently it's still happening as emails sent are not all delivered to recipients - some are rejected or undeliverable
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Michele2382, Sorry for all the frustration. It sounds like there has been some miscommunication. There are several types and ways a person could be blacklisted. It could be at the account level, an IP address, a national spam filter, or something on a local server. If they told you, you were not blacklisted, they were probably referring to it at the account level. We have been very open and acknowledge the spam and blacklist issues that are occurring and we are terribly sorry for the problems it has caused. Our email admins are still working diligently to clear up any outstanding blacklists. If you have any undeliverable/blacklist messages please copy and paste them here.

Mike
Photo of Adrian1589

Adrian1589

• 718 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I have been a LONG time customer of Homestead and run multiple website businesses using Homestead domains and email addresses. I called the 800 # today, and explained to them that I lost business & revenue because of the email issues. They made right by me and provided adequate compensation. The process did take some time on the phone, but in the end I feel they understood my complaint and handled it fairly. I will continue to place my business here.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Thanks for the follow up post!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.