Are we having issues with the EMail server today?

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

It's not connecting. It keeps crashing in the middle of sending emails. It's not my connection, everything else is connecting just fine. Already cleared the cache.
Photo of Call Me Ozz

Call Me Ozz

• 3,718 Points 3k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Richard3460

Richard3460

• 1,498 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I learned after speaking with many tecs that the IP can have issues with Homesteads "material," particularly Metrocast (or Comcast?). There are work arounds that were explained but way over my head (on the first round). I am NOT on Metro but my brother, can't receive my emails via Homestead but through any other IP and Metrocast alleges there is no problem but when elevated, they refuse to return calls. Sound familiar?
Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Aside from a possible ISP issue, another thing that could be interrupting the connection to web mail, is antivirus or firewall software. Windows firewall hasn't seen issues with our web mail, but we have seen issues with Norton or Webroot interrupting the connection and timing out the connection. Normally adding an exception to the programs for the URL of emailmg.homestead.com and homestead.com will fix this. Do you currently have a 3rd party firewall or antivirus program running?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.