April 3, 2013 - Continued Email problems

• Problem
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Our email team is actively working on a fix for customers that are still impacted. Many of our customers are reporting a significant improvement but we know not everyone's problems are fixed.

This post replace the previous email mailboxes being restored thread.

If you are still having issues, please respond to this post - with "I am still having issues with my email." Additional details to include if applicable:
  • I'm having trouble sending.

• I'm having trouble receiving.

• I'm having trouble accessing my email box - it keeps asking for a password.

• I don't see my emails in my account.

We can see your account information from the back end of the community and we'll reach out if we need additional information
Photo of Angela W

Angela W

• 6,540 Points 5k badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Marc

Marc

• 60 Points
We have also not had email since Aprill 11th. Homestead's fault or not, as a small business we cannot continue like this. If this issue is not resolved, we'll be forced to leave...unfortunate, but we cannot operate without email.
Photo of Tomm3192

Tomm3192

• 480 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Change the port to your incoming mail server from 110 to 995 and put a check in the box by use SSL. ^TGF
Photo of Adrienne5784

Adrienne5784

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Changing the port didn't work for me.
Photo of John7494

John7494

• 220 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks ... tried this on both my Windows 7 and Windows 8 computers in Outlook. Was skeptical, but it worked on BOTH systems using Outlook 2010!
Photo of John7494

John7494

Now, WHY isn't this info being supplied by Homestead?
Photo of Tomm3192

Tomm3192

Their e-mail probably isn't working. :)
Photo of John7494

John7494

hehehehehe ...
Photo of Brad0502

Brad0502

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I am still having issues with my email. We are small business, as well. May have to look into other services ASAP.
Photo of John7494

John7494

From Tomm3192 3 hours ago
"Change the port to your incoming mail server from 110 to 995 and put a check in the box by use SSL". I tried this and it WORKED! I did get a message about a "secured certificate" and just checked "all certificates". Worked on both my Windows 8 and Windows 7 computers using Outlook 2010.
Photo of Brad0502

Brad0502

Also can't connect to HMail through Zimbra. Just says "loading"... SO UNACCEPTABLE.
Photo of John7494

John7494

I have had same problem. I use https://www.homestead.com/~site/jws/m... to log in to Zimbra webmail.
Photo of Adrienne5784

Adrienne5784

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Also a small business here having issues almost the entire month. This is our main form of communication. We too may have to look into other services!
Photo of John7494

John7494

From Tomm3192 3 hours ago
"Change the port to your incoming mail server from 110 to 995 and put a check in the box by use SSL". I tried this and it WORKED! I did get a message about a "secured certificate" and just checked "all certificates". Worked on both my Windows 8 and Windows 7 computers using Outlook 2010.
Photo of Loretta2305

Loretta2305

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
When you know you have a problem, like Homestead should realize they have, to tell people to check with the Internet Service Provider is totally ridiculous. I have tried all suggestions, spent a fortune on my tech support and still cannot get mail on my Outlook. Homestead changed firewalls recently, clearly that is the problem. Be honest, let people know, undo the recent changes you made (even if more than just your firewalls), resolve the issues and apologize to your users & move on.
Photo of lou1751

lou1751

I AGREE! I've had to change all my Homestead Website email accounts and all my other "sign-in" accounts to another email account because I can't get or send any messages from my Homestead email account through Windows Live Mail! I can't spend extra time going into the Homestead email everyday to see what I've missed! This has taken up too much time and has been going on for over 2 weeks. It's ridiculous. AT LEAST SEND YOUR CUSTOMERS A DAILY UPDATE as to when this will be fixed!
Photo of Tomm3192

Tomm3192

Ours is working fine with the recommended port adjustments. While frustrating, we're fairly convinced this is actually a Microsoft issue that Intuit/Homestead must continually chase.
Photo of Gary7553

Gary7553

• 60 Points
I'm still having problems.
Photo of franklin4840

franklin4840

• 148 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Still can not send email. I tried using web base on Monzilla and I have the same problems with screen frezing up like IE10. Both of these I had long before the the emial happened.
Photo of Keith7934

Keith7934

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Is anyone having trouble sending emails to Yahoo email addresses? All of our emails to Yahoo recipients are being returned by Yahoo as undeliverable. This has been going on for over a week and Homestead has no solution.
Photo of Patricia1106

Patricia1106

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
when I try to log into my email account, the loading message never concludes and loads the email content. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

I tried clicking on "view standard html version" and that loads the content, but then I can't click on downloads, view attachments, reply to emails or even move to another page of emails without it coming back with "this page can not be displayed"
Photo of Daniel8168

Daniel8168

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Having problems receiving email today. Does POP3 still work for receiving email with OUTLOOK 2007?
Photo of Daniel8168

Daniel8168

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Tried setting up account in OUTLOOK as IMAP but it creates a separate personal folder for INBOX and does not put deleted items in DELETE folder. We do not like this option. Does anyone know if we can still use POP3 for OUTLOOK?
Photo of Loretta2305

Loretta2305

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I gave up trying to use IMAP with Outlook 2010. I had to go back to POP3 and am using it successfully on my laptop, ipad and ipod.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.