April 2, 2013 - Email problems

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

We are actively working on resolving problems with delays in sending emails. In addition to the delays we're seeing, we are seeing additional issues with webmail, pop, and imap as well.
Photo of Angela W

Angela W

• 6,540 Points 5k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Todd5484

Todd5484

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Went from being delayed to completely down. Cannot find server.
Photo of Vic9424

Vic9424

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Have to agree with everyone on this thread. unaccpetable lack of response! Are they going to give us a credit for service interruption equal to the effort associated with lost emails and lost business?
Photo of char8961

char8961

• 124 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hmail is totally messed up again. Zimbra reset my old settings that is causing hundreds of old emails to pour into my outlook inbox. What is going on? After 3 weeks of completely messed up email- I think Homestead needs s new email vendor. This is scary and terrible.
Photo of Mariana4838

Mariana4838

• 208 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Three of my email accounts just disappeared. I just checked my Homestead Email Manager page and they ́re not even there. When I click to add mailbox it won ́t even let me.Any idea when this will be resolved?

I agree with many people here, this could really affect my business so I hope this gets taken care of sooner rather than later.
Photo of Christopher6460

Christopher6460

• 118 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Same here. This is ridiculous.
Photo of Michelle4553

Michelle4553

• 62 Points
Same here. We are not able to send or receive any email. "Cannot find server."
Photo of Martin2030

Martin2030

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This is unacceptable, you are greatly effecting my business. This has been happening over the last few days. You're a large company, get your act together!
Photo of Christopher6460

Christopher6460

• 118 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I completely agree, this is unacceptable and intuit/Homestead is costing me business and l am losing money. Now my email accounts are missing all together.
Photo of dukicm9671

dukicm9671

I started getting errors on all my devices regarding signing in to my email accounts. So I went to the Manage my Emails page and all my addresses are gone. When I click to add mailbox it will not let me. Any suggestions?
Photo of Amanda1886

Amanda1886

• 220 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This is exactly what is happening to me. Please help us!!
We are already behind and can't get any afford to get any further!
Photo of George3344

George3344

• 238 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
me too!
Photo of Loubie1958

Loubie1958

• 60 Points
What is going on? Cannot send or receive..Not good!
Photo of Jon5908

Jon5908

• 78 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Last week was blocked emails after being blacklisted...yesterday was 5 hour delays in emails arriving...today NO EMAIL at all. What is going on??????????
Photo of John9816

John9816

• 178 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Homestead's been having problems for 2 weeks now and now my emails are "completely" down. What's the status...with this serious of a problem you would think that a single place of updates exist? Many of your web area are from 8 to 13 days ago. After being on hold for 45 minutes, I was told to go on this website for updates, but this page is only 11 minutes old and the problems been going on for at least an hour. I can't afford to have my business constantly go down. Do you have a solution in sight? Can't you simply restore your old server from before your corruption from two weeks ago?
Photo of Angela W

Angela W

• 6,540 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Our system status blog is our official place for updates - http://status.homestead.com. I'm sorry I wasn't able to update this community sooner.
Photo of Stephanie9938

Stephanie9938

• 950 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
But that doesn't say why the system is down right now! Why is it down, just spit it out - tell us exactly what is going on!! I promise, it will make us all feel a whole lot better! I can't just UP and change my email account right now - we are in the middle of too many other things. And, having our IT person do all the work for us will cost $35.00 an hour - so are you going to pay for that too?
Photo of Corinne5321

Corinne5321

This is ridiculous and horrible service for all of your clients we are trying to run businesses here and 2 weeks of delays and outages is unacceptable. I have missed important deadlines due to delays in the past two weeks. You have never made clients directly aware of this problems where is your accountabilty? Very poor customer service we should not be responsible for checking your blog constantly when such a huge problem is occuring. Many of us did not know there was an issue as our mail systems showed meesages had been sent and we were also receiving some messages.

What are you doing for us the customer? It appears you can not get this sytem fixed in a timely fashion. We are paying for and rely on this service and are not receiving it.

Get this fixed you are severly disrupting alot of businesses !
Photo of Alan9116

Alan9116

• 240 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
this is absurd, 2 days now and same here, it cannot find server, this needs to be fixed I cannot run a business without being able to communicate with my customers. this has gone from bad to WORST. I AM GETTING PHONE CALLS FROM ANGRY FRUSTRATED CUSTOMERS.
Photo of Alan9116

Alan9116

why are these issues occurring???
Photo of Mario7947

Mario7947

This is unacceptable...just one more thing that makes me want to run fast from this service. Stuff like this shouldn't be effecting us...GET IT TOGETHER GEEEEZZZ!!!
Photo of Beth6942

Beth6942

• 306 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
"Cannot connect to server" This is my business, and yesterday I did not get an important document to a client because I did not know the server was down. Message looked sent, but did not actually go out until 6. Client's meeting was at 1.
I look bad, can't recoup from this - I need this back now!
Photo of Alton2588

Alton2588

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Cannot find the server...our E-mail accounts are actually missing from the server. I have been on the live chat screen for 20 minutes with no response...
Photo of Alton2588

Alton2588

While I am waiting for someone to talk to me on live chat I am searching Google for a new hosting service.
Photo of Alan9116

Alan9116

wow, I logged out to go to another email I have and now I'm completely out of the system and cannot get back in.
Photo of Sandra8146

Sandra8146

• 62 Points
"Cannot connect to server" Same as everyone else's comments.... this issue over the past week is unacceptable and impacting everyone's business, on top of that the emails will never be recovered... there has got to be a better way for updates to be sent to everyone instead of searching the website only to receive no new information since 3/25/13.
Photo of Kelsey8809

Kelsey8809

• 70 Points
I tried logging in my email account to view an important email and it says that I have the wrong password. I have tried logging in several times and it still says that I have the wrong password. I hope that the issue is resolved soon. I am not very happy at the problems I have been having with Intuit.
Photo of Jason0518

Jason0518

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have a HUGE deal that may get trashed because you are not doing your job... FIX IT
Photo of Jason0518

Jason0518

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
When do you plan to have a resolution?
Photo of matt3428

matt3428

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This is crazy! I'm already talking to a web designer to take over my site and email. I don't understand how you can stay in business with a response time like this. If I was an employee at homestead I would be looking for a new job. Good luck homestead!
Photo of Alan9116

Alan9116

the funny thing is intuit has no problem snatching money from your account when its due and they deem it acceptable and probably never will have issues with that system.
Photo of bdservicesco0070

bdservicesco0070

• 60 Points
Yup your right about that took my money on the 1st right on time, still no Email
Photo of MaryEllen9150

MaryEllen9150

• 2,206 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
I am deeply disturbed by another poster stating their account was hacked over 2 months ago and when they reported they had no assistance from homestead.

No wonder we're all down now and on blacklists. They apparantly do have a team who is capable of fixing issues when they come up. This could have completely been prevented.
Photo of Mario7947

Mario7947

FOUND THIS ON ANOTHER THREAD..................

EMPLOYEE 0 Edit Delete Remove Official Fork Ehsan Zaheer (Official Rep) 5 days ago
Hi Kelli1144,

I'm really sorry about the email service issues we've had recently, but completely understand the need to get your mail up and running.

In order to use another email service, you'll need to update your MX (mail exchange) Records to that of your email service provider.

1. Setup a new email service and ask them for their "MX Records"

2. Log into your account > Domains > Advanced DNS Settings > Edit
{delete the existing homestead record and enter the new record(s)}.

*DNS settings take roughly 24 - 48 hours to process and update

*Changing your email records means your emails will be lost since you're moving to a new email service - Please see Angela's post for tips on backing up your existing email and contacts.

*Changing email service means you'll need to recreate your email address with your new email provider

I hope this info helps, please let me know if I need to clarify anything or offer further assistance.

Thank you!

Ehsan
Photo of Mister Ron

Mister Ron

• 344 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Not getting better--getting worse--now the server is down. Promies, Promises.
Photo of Samantha2888

Samantha2888

More email issues - this is making me look bad to my business associates. You are harming my company and those of your other customers.
Photo of Larry5364

Larry5364

• 246 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Another day with no email is unacceptable! Thanks to the person who put up some info about changing servers. I'm curious about the website building component. I've always preferred Homestead software to others I've looked at. I'm getting to the point that may no longer compensate for the undependable email service. What are others finding for site development software?
Photo of Alton2588

Alton2588

I would be interested in that information as well. The ease of the software here is what has kept me so far.
Photo of Ernest7357

Ernest7357

When will the email be back up ANGELA? I am not sending or receiving. If I didnt have a personal email app I'd be email-less. What a sad situation!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.